1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homecoming?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by WannaBeMe, Sep 22, 2014.

1. WannaBeMe

I have a big issue. Homecoming is going to be in a few weeks for one I don't know how to ask anyone. I know that it will be hard to ask anyone to the Homecoming dance considering that most of the male populace is straight. I have had a few crushes. My current one is a football player that's in my English 9 class. Even more of a problem though is that my parents have no clue that i'm gay. My entire family is going to be expecting me to ask a girl to the dance, I have no clue how i'm supposed to handle it. The better half of my family is conservative Christians. What am I going to do? If I manage to scrounge up the courage to ask a guy they will be wondering what girl I asked and keep asking me to introduce my girlfriend to them, which I will not have and will be difficult to avoid. The other way is that they will all keep telling me that I need to find a girl to ask to the dance or asking me why i didn't ask a girl to the dance. Both will end up leading to that subject and both will be hard to steer away from the subject or try to avoid period. I am not ready to tell my family or even ponder around that subject too much when they are around. As i said before they are mostly conservative Christians. I just need some help on how to approach this. I really do want to ask someone to the dance because I really do want to go and make it a special night. I need courage for that. Thankfully I have a Gay-Straight Alliance club at my school that I am actually a part of. But this topic is something I want to keep a little more anonymous until I know the people better. (We have only had one meeting so far.) Like I said, I really need some suggestions on what to do about this.

:bang:

#1 WannaBeMe, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  2. WannaBeMe

Anyone? I know people have seen this. Please i'm really confused, and this is eating me up.

3. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aw hey man I saw your comment. Frankly I'd recommend just going with a group of your friends, thats a lot more acceptable but can still be fun :grin: I feel like that would be something so awkward and high profile that you might not want to try that yet. Also, are you in high school? Lol I know it's hard but I wouldnt want to attract a lot of unwanted attention, especially from your parents. I think I'm just going with a few friends that are girls and guys to homecoming instead of dealing with the pressure of asking a girl.

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are there any girls in your GSA who are in the same situation as you but needing a male date? Just an idea.

5. WannaBeMe

I have only been to one meeting, mainly because there has only been one meeting. But I am going to a meeting tomorrow I will see.

---------- Post added 23rd Sep 2014 at 07:13 PM ----------

Yes I am in highschool, thus the Homecoming dance. But yeah I was told y one of my friends (who was a girl) to ask my other friend (also a girl) to go just as friends. I don't know about that one, but my family expects me to ask a girl not go as a group. Thanks for the suggestion though. I might end up gong in a group of friends anyways. My dating life sucks.

6. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suggest, as posted above, to find a gay girl and take her with you as a beard.