1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have crush on friend, what do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MightNeedThis, Sep 24, 2014.

1. MightNeedThis

Hey, guys!

So, my life is crazy right now. On top of some good and cool things happening to me, I'e recently realized that, for God knows how long, I have a crush on one of my best friends. Only thing is, I feel like I probably shouldn't tell her, because I'm afraid of messing up our friendship. Part of me wants to tell her, though, because I'm not quite convinced that she's straight. We've been friends of three or four years now, and she's never mentioned having romantic feelings for anyone. Ever. She has extremely bad social anxiety, and I don't know if that is why she hasn't said anything about it?

Also, it's probably important to know that she goes to school three hours away, so I rarely see her. We just text and snap chat.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, how do I cope with these feelings? I'm afraid that when I see her next all I'll want to do is make a move or something, or just be super weird while trying not to. I suppressed these feelings for a while, I don't even know how long and now I'm just lost as to how to be normal around her...

2. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    I would start by figuring out how she feels about LGBT issues. Stir the pot a little, see what she says.

3. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Agreed. Once you get her reaction to LGBT stuff, you'll have more of an idea.

4. MightNeedThis

Thanks for the advice. Honestly, I came out to her and it wasn't an issue at all. When we went to college together we both went to the GSA together, along with some other friends. I just don't really know where she stands. She's never talked about romantic feelings.