1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Videos or articles that explain different types of identities for a friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by animequeen567, Sep 24, 2014.

1. animequeen567

I hope this is in the right section >.< I need videos to explain non-binary gender identities and sexualities other than the more well known ones to my roommate. Mainly I need to explain these gender idenities: agender, bigender, genderneutral and sexuality: pansexual, asexual, really anything for sexuality. Other gender identities and sexualities would be helpful too though. Basically, what I'm asking for is anything that is helpful in explaining things to him. Videos are preferred since he's lazy with reading, but he'll read if he has to. Anything would be helpful. Please! He says that non-binary identities are insulting to transgender people which is an opinion he has that I want to change if possible. He says that all the other sexualities besides gay straight and bi are making people not take the lgbt community seriously. Another opinion he has I'd like to try to change if possible. I tried to explain and he says I don't explain it well enough.

---------- Post added 24th Sep 2014 at 04:31 AM ----------

I should also mention that he thinks that transgender people have to either transition or want to transition in order to be considered transgender. He thinks that someone has to have body dysphoria in order to be considered transgender like it's a requirement to have body dysphoria. Which I know that some people are transgender and don't have body dysphoria, they have other dysphoria though. I need help explaining that to him too.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look at this:

The Genderbread Person v2.0

This is from urbandictionary dot com :
    transgender
    An umbrella term that includes ... just about anybody ... who doesn't conform to the traditional model of sex/gender.
    ImO he confuses terms under the umbrella transgender with transgender.

The transgender spectrum goes i.e. from people living with almost androgynous appearance, to styling more like the preferred gender, to taking hormones, to srs.
    Of course the list is not all possible options.

It specifically is everyones right to do what they feel comfortable with. There is no such thing as being trans enough.

And there is no only one right way to do this. Its up to everyone.

#2 jay777, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014