1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Mixed Signals...Don't know what to do. Advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Khanale, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Khanale

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, while I was in French class, this girl turns to me and asks if I wanted to go to Homecoming with her. I said yeah, and laughed, thinking it was a joke. Though now, I'm not too sure. She's been going around the school and telling everyone we're going to Homecoming together, and every time she sees me, she screams "Hey, look, it's my homecoming date!!" Although, this isn't what caused the confusion. Earlier this week, I went to her volleyball game, and she asked me to paint her number on my face, so I did. After the game, she comes up to me and we're talking and I jokingly mentioned that I would paint her number on my stomach the next time. Then, shes says, "Oh...even if a BOY asks me to homecoming?", and just sort of laughed and said yeah:dry:frowning2: Edit - Later on that day, I heard that she was waiting for this guy in her class to ask her to Homecoming because she has a crush on him). In spite of this, she's still going around and telling people that' we're going to homecoming together. She's even used me at times to turn down other guys who've asked her. Then just today, she called me over and asked me to prove to a mutual friend of ours that we were going to Homecoming together. So, yeah, super confused.:help:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why don't you just ask her if she's using you to make this guy jealous?

3. thischick7

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Maybe the guy is to make you jealous. Plus, you said you heard that she liked this dude. So I'm assuming here that you didn't hear that from her. Maybe she didn't say it at all. Figuring out your sexuality when your not a part of the majority is also more difficult for some people than others. Maybe she likes you both, and is confused about what she wants. Either way, we could speculate all day, and come up with a hundred different scenarios for what is going through her head, and still not come up with the right answer.

The way I see it, you have 2 options: 1.) you can patiently wait for her to make a move on you and see how it pans out, or 2.) you can just ask her. Asking=less subtle=higher risk for embarassment=less time spent being confused. Waiting=subtle=less risk for embarassment=more time spent driving yourself nuts.