1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to do here ...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Calix, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Calix

Okay, I'll summarise this as best I can.

Me and another trans friend became good friends with a friend of someone I used to know in secondary school. Long story short we both got a crush on her but neither of us where willing to say anything. Eventually there was a group sleepover at mine and I cracked and told her I liked her when we were talking at night.

She said we'd talk later and they both went home. After a few days I worked up the guts to txt her because she hadn't been initiating anything, and then found out she liked both of us. She didn't want to do anything though because my trans friend also likes me. This is known to me but I don't feel the same way about her and as far as I'm aware she accepts this.

My trans friend is aware of all that's happened and I honestly don't know how she feels about whatever happens. She seems more concerned about my mental health (deteriorating depression). The girl told her that she wanted to stay friends and I assumed that applied to all of us and sent her a txt to say I'd heard this and was okay with it. She never replied though, so I'm left wondering if that was not being applied to me?

I don't see my crush dying down anytime soon and I'm so unsure what to do. I don't want to ruin our good three-way friendship, but at the same time I'm tired of waiting around. I'm still stuck with the perpetual belief that nobody will really be interested in me until I've had hormones/top surgery...

2. shinji

shinji Guest

Simplicity is key. Why not just go out (the three of you) for tea/coffee/ice cream and discuss this? In fact... no, don't do this, might actually make matters worse.

Seems like your "crush" is feeling a bit alienated due to your stronger (?) relationship (even if friends only), with your friend.

Maybe, have a one on one talk with said "crush" and work things out without including your other friend, but before that speak to your friend about your "plans" for your crush.

Then tell your "crush" that you and your friend are simply that... friends.

Sorry, triangles confuse me.