1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When is the right time to ask her out?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by 143kc, Sep 26, 2014.

1. 143kc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have never dated anyone ever before due to issues with my sexuality and a conservative upbringing. I have only been talking for a few weeks to the girl that I like. She is openly gay, as am I, and this is the first year that I have ever had classes with her. She is popular, a bit of a partier, and has been with girls and boys before, while I am shy (though can be outgoing when comftorable), nerdy, athletic, and prude as can be. However, we have many similar interests and I really want to try dating someone. I made an excuse to get her phone # but I haven't texted her yet because she has been posting on twitter about how her phone broke. I made an excuse to DM her and now I have set up a "prank" that we are going to execute together. I keep sitting next to her in class, and I'm hoping that she isn't creeped out. When would it be too early to ask her out? Do I try to be friends more or do I just straight out ask her? I'm lost in the world of lesbian dating!

2. Really

What you have sounds nice. How about carry on with the being friends stuff but you can still ask her to go out and do things without calling it a date for now. See if you continue to have fun together.

3. thekillingmoon

There's no right answer to this. Ask her when you feel comfortable with asking her. I wouldn't recommend waiting too long though. You could spend all that time agonizing over it only to find out she's not interested. That's never worth it. If she's showing signs of interest, then you should try.

4. AlezinwondRland

has she gave you any sign that she may like you? If not i'd hang out a bit more, give some subtle flirting until you can gage where she's at feelings wise. If still no hints at how she feels and ur still confused, then maybe step up the flirting a little. I find texts or saying something that doesn't demand an answer from her is a good way to put ur stance out there and leave it to her to decide what she does with it. Put it in words that indicate you don't expect she likes you back. That way its in her court to tell you!!