1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tardis2020

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.
    I'm a freshman in high school and my school has a GSA club I might join. I have a few questions though:
    1. In your experience, are there a lot of LGBT teens there or are GSAs just places where straight girls try to find a gay friend? I'm really not trying to be an object of gossip.
    2. I assume its confidential and that your not allowed to talk about anyone's sexuality if they don't want you to. Is this true? For example, if I went and said I was gay would people be able to talk about it to people outside the club?
    3. How do you hide something like this from parents? My mom is home during the day and the school is really close to home, close enough that there is no bus for me, and I don't want her to know about it. Is there a fake club or something they tell you to say your in?
    4. How do you hide this from other students? I don't want people to see me in or going in or out of the room where the GSA is meeting, how do I prevent this?
    5. Do you think I should join? Are they worth it? No one at all knows I'm gay and there aren't any close friends or anyone I'm comfortable sharing it with.
    I can email the teacher who runs it, if you think I should.
    Thanks in advance.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well no reply yet...
    there was another thread in general advice which received a few replies....

3. ajsivy

Hey man i was in the same boat. Im a freshman also anyway i would go its all confidential and i met some nice people and it was a lot of fun and cant wait for the next meeting hope this helps

---------- Post added 7th Oct 2014 at 02:29 PM ----------

and on hiding it i just told my mom i was staying for extra help with a teacher