1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend issues and general struggling-ness (That's totally a word)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chierro, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi all! Long time no see! Well, it's my senior year and being a month in now...it's been rather frustrating and suckish. Friends and somewhat school-wise. Where to begin?

How about with MS (I will try to keep the initial-names in order...I may fail though). So MS and I have been pretty good friends since roughly 7th grade and have managed to have at least one class together a year every year (this year only being a half year gym class). He was one of the first people I ever came out to and, despite being Catholic, has been my most helpful friend when it comes to sexuality or guy issues. He's always been since I came out to him. Over the summer though, our friendship really did start to wane some. We wouldn't talk as much, and I would be hard pressed to find something to get him to text me back...ever. It's now the school year and we've talked two times, via text since I only see him briefly during the day. Once was me saying we had a class together on the first day of school since our mutual friend JW convinced the guidance secretary to tell her the names of everyone in our gym class (I'm desperately praying that the other guys aren't one of MS's friends...so that he'll maybe talk to me...). The other time was asking for advice on a female friend liking me and what to do about the situation. He actually gave me good advice but we haven't talked since. I even sent him a text saying that I got into my college of choice...and nothing. I even swear that on Wednesday I was walking with my friend to lunch behind him and JW down a stairwell and he turned his head, saw me, and I swear I heard him say my name and like bolt out of the stairwell...but that may not have happened..What can I do? I've already bluntly asked him before if I annoyed him as much as I thought I did and he said no...but...idk...help?

Onto AM...my somewhat-sorta-title-only best friend. We've been 'best friends' since 6th grade roughly...but if you look back...we really never were. I was never invited once to any of his birthday parties. He never asks me to hang out...but he WILL ask other people to hang out and go bowling (both him and I are on the bowling team) right in front of me. He'll talk about what he did over the weekend with what people, he'll talk about all this shit...and not ONCE does he invite me or even realize, "Oh, hey, maybe I should've invited my 'best friend.'" That's only part of it. He will constantly call something gay...when I'm standing right there. He knows that I'm bi, btw. Last night was the worst...I don't really remember the context...but he used the phrase, "I don't want to catch the gay." I wanted to rip his throat out. He is completely oblivious to how fucking stupid he is. I will even go up to his gf, who I'm friends with, and just flat out tell her 'I hate your boyfriend.' Like, I'm lost on what to do about him anymore...I swear he's just a lost cause. Help?

Now, moving away from friends...college! So, I got into the college of my choice...so why am I not ecstatic and jumping up and down like everyone else? I'm like stressed out...I go onto my page for it and my heart starts beating all fast, like I'm having a panic attack...from the idea of college. What is this?!

School stuff too now...that's it then...I swear...maybe...I'm taking two AP classes this year, my first ones, and I'm doing pretty well. We just had our first big AP Stats test of the year and I got a 100, one of three people in the two classes. Now, people find out I got a 100..I get all this hate and people start like groaning at me...the other people get NOTHING. Like I'm frustrated. I try my hardest on these tests, and it's not just this one, it's happens all the time in like every class. Have any of you had stuff like this happen to you?

Ok...that's it for now. Most of my other stuff is just random and trivial...but hey, it may come up again. Help in any way will be appreciated while I sit here and stress out!

2. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'll tackle the last section for now - seems that some things in high school don't change over time - I remember those kids who acted like getting good grades wasn't cool, treating people with the highest marks on a test like losers and social outcasts, etc... sounds a bit like some of your classmates. They do it for whatever reason they have, could be because they're so afraid of failure it's easier to avoid trying, or going through a rebellious phase to piss off their parents, whatev...

In a few years when your good job is making good use of those grades, what you actually learned there and in the college you attended because of those same good grades, chances are those oh-so-cool underachiever classmates probably won't be in your life any more. Short-term pain long term gain and all that good stuff. Hang in there.

3. Tardis2020

Don't worry about the 100 thing. Idiots need to feel good about themselves and they take it out on the people who are better than them, ignore and move on, that is my motto, and I think it should be yours.
    Your "friend" is not a friend. Especially if he knows that your bi and still uses slurs and derogatory terms not to mention inviting people to do things you want to do in front of you. I've had this happen, I've befriended or tried to be friends with people like this and you just have to be done with him. The best thing is to be done with people who do things like this. He is not your friend. He is not a good person. He is a lost cause and is human garbage.

4. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @Awesome
    The irony I find in all of it is that I expect this kind of nature from 'regular' kids...but we're in AP classes, people. I would've thought people would be smart enough in there. Two of the girls, for example, I know are going to school for Nursing and one even has a Co-Op at the local, big hospital

@Tardis
    And you're right about my 'friend.' I mean, I don't think I've ever used the phrase 'human garbage' to describe him...but you're right.

5. Tardis2020

Sorry, I think I come off as a bit harsh sometimes, but I really despise his behavior. Its happened to me and it made me feel worthless. I don't like anyone who inflicts that on others. Forget him, and there's always friends here(*hug*).

6. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    While I do love the people here and you're all very helpful and loving, I do need to have real, personal relationships with people. One of the best relationships I have with someone is purely over Kik, Twitter, and Snapchat since we have yet to meet, and while he's one of my best friends honestly...I need actual relationships.

My friendship with AM has always been rocky. I confronted him about some stuff over the summer, like not wanting to talk about said guy above...ever. His reasoning was...he doesn't like the idea of anal. Not once did I ever mention sex with the dude, just that I cared about him. I didn't wanna traumatize him with all the plans of sex the guy and I have.

It's hard to just completely forget him though. I sit behind him in Calc...and next to him in Band...bowl with him on the bowling team...am part of the Literary Magazine with him and will be going to Columbia with him in November...and am co-section leader with him in Band...it's not that easy..

7. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I could really use some help on MS...he's been one of my best friends when it comes to helping me out with stuff and it would utterly suck to just lose him completely my senior year. Update though...by mentioning sports, I did get him to text me back...so plus?