1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else feel sad...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by glitterpot, Sep 27, 2014.

1. glitterpot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've never been in any sort of romantic relationship, and I'm for the most part ok with it. I know I probably won't be in a relationship until college. I don't know sometimes I just get really sad. Tonight's one of those nights. I've just been thinking about how lonely I am and I know I have friends to help me get over this but I always seem to comeback to this lonesome feeling. I guess what I'm trying to ask is if anyone else ever feels lonely and feel a need for a romantic relationship.

2. Tardis2020

Yeah, its hard to be a teen for this reason. Its harder to be an gay teen with this. I hope things get better for you (*hug*)

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty sure that you, me, and every other teenager, especially us LGBT'ers, feel or have felt the exact same way. It's very common. (*hug*)
    Late teens are the years where we start longing for companionship other than friends and family, and it doesn't help that social media flashes pictures of cute couples in our face every 45 seconds. :grin:

You might be pleasantly surprised. I've known people who think they're the only LGBT person at their school or in their area, but emerge with a bf/gf before they're out of high school.
    Of course, college is a great place for LGBT daters - tons of youth in the same place. But don't cut yourself short. You have a few years left to meet new people.

Just go out and explore your town. That's a wonderful way to see meet LGBT folks and get connected with other LGBT folks, perhaps some closer to your age.

But in the meantime, many hugs for you! (&&&)(*hug*)(&&&)(*hug*)

4. Blossom85

I am 29 and I am single, and I often feel very alone and sad as well.. I just wish I had someone of my own whom I can love and feel comfortable with and to share all my thoughts and dreams with. I can be with my family but still feel lonely, so I know now you feel.. Don't feel alone there cause it's a feeling that a lot of us are going through as well.

5. thekillingmoon

Yeah all the time. The older you get, the worse that feeling gets.

6. PrettyConfused

Yeah...I get that feeling too. Even though I'm actually really comfortable with the friends I have and my lifestyle right now, I really do long for a romantic relationship. It kills me some nights too.

7. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah! all the time buddy!, it sucks because there's nothing you can do about it. We all have that moment of being so alone and empty deep inside even those people who are relationships. You always look for love thinking it will change everything but then reality bites, no one is there to comfort you nor to be with you. But you know when I have moments like this I just have to think that feelings changes over time, it will eventually pass and if you feel it once again dive in to that feeling accept it wholly and get over it. Think that not all people who's in a relationship are happy people and that not all single people are lonely people. Learn to be happy alone so that when the time comes that you already meet that someone you don't have to depend your entire happiness to him. It's just a matter of seeing things in different perspective. Perhaps soon you could say that it's okay and it's not that bad to be alone.

8. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    You definitely aren't the only one. But we must not lose hope :slight_smile: don't listen to people like "thekillingmoon". Yeah, every problem gets better if you let it grow in you. That's why you must not let it overwhelm you, and keep looking for new opportunities, new ideas how to move further in your life. Once you give up, you are lost. Do not give up!

9. Candide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes, and illness doesn't help either. But, I don't know what the future holds. So I look to that.

10. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I hate it. >.< At school I always see so many couples walking hand in hand down the hallway... :icon_sad: People look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them I've never dated anyone, and I probably won't be for quite a while... ><