1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I acted like an insensetively

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RedFireFly, Sep 28, 2014.

1. RedFireFly

Earlier today, my friend told me their dog died. This surprised me of course, as their dog were relatively young.
    When we were talking on skype some hours later, I was playing Pokemon. a random guy asked me for a trade, wich I agreed. I traded my shiny Gardevoir for his shiny Shaymin. I got really happy, as I've been looking for a Shaymin for months.
    But, the bad part i that I just started saying "omg I finally got a Shaymin, I'm so happy right now!" and "You have no idea how happy I am atm!", and totally forgot about what had happened to him that morning.
    I feel now like I just made him more sad, and reminded him of that. He did seem sad the whole call, but he talked less after that... Later, he just said "I'm going now."
    I'm not sure if it was because he was going to comfort his family, or just didn't want me to see him cry, or something else.
    I'm just scared he hung up because he didn't want to talk to me, and felt like I was a insensetive asshole...
    He's such a amazing person, I don't want him to feel sad, at least not because of a lame excuse of a person such as myself...

Do you think he's mad at me? Should I apologize?

Just realized the title is wrong

#1 RedFireFly, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  2. Diego89

That might have come across as a little insensitive haha, but I guess he'll understand you just forgot and were carried away for the excitement of the moment. When did you realize what you've said, after the call? Didn't you apologize right then?

If you didn't, I think you should, just say to him: I just realized what I said earlier today, I'm sorry, I completely forgot, I'm such an idiot bla bla. Solved. He should understand.

And it could have been worse, at least it wasn't his grandma or sth, that would have been bad haha.

3. RedFireFly

I guess that would be worse, yeah :lol:

I didn't realize before he had hung up that it seemed so insensetive... The problem is, I'm going to London tomorrow morning, and I won't be back until friday. I'm not sure yet if I'm allowed to bring my phone though. If I am, I'll apologize on skype or instagram :slight_smile:

4. RedFireFly

I sent him a message explaining the whole thing, and he saidd it was ok. He appereantly did not get sad by this, luckily. He said later that he couldn't sleep because he misses his dog :frowning2: I just couldn't stand to have him sad, so I sent him a video that always makes me laugh.
    Even though he couldn't watch it, he said he was thankfull for me trying to cheer himm up, and he actually seemed a tiny bit happier :slight_smile:

Guess I'm just excaggerating again