1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend likes me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Pinky, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Pinky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She is who I consider my best friend. She is the only person I've told that I've been having gay feelings to other people. I don't accept the fact that I might be bisexual. There is a good chance I am but I don't accept those feelings...I've told my friend everything about my feelings toward girls. I've even told her I developed a crush on one of my friends.

I've always had a feelings she was jealous of the girl that I had a crush on but I never wanted to aknowledge it. I only see her as a friend...

There was this one day she wanted to hold my hand really really bad so I just let her once...She jokes around about saying that she would get the gay out of me by trying to hold my hand and stuff but I know she says that because she developed feelings for me. After the day I held her hand I felt like I wanted to hold it again...I don't like her other than a friend and even if we went out I know it wouldn't last. I don't want to ruin a friendship for feelings that are most likely temporary. Should I just keep my feelings inside and wait till they pass?

2. ryconfused

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It sounds like you're more curious about the whole gay thing than actually having real feelings for her. I'd leave it alone and carry on being best friends and explore your feelings towards girls elsewhere, rather than ruining this friendship testing the waters. It's too risky with a best friend when you're obviously not certain. Good luck.

3. Aberrant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Huh. I'll cover this one by one, I guess.

She could have been jealous of the girl because she might have gotten more attention than she would have, which is insulting when two people are best friends. Either that or she really does have feelings for you and doesn't want anyone else to take away that. But once again, that ties in with the whole thing about jealousy. It's ambiguous, I guess.

I don't know why people are so fascinated with that (holding hands), but if you're close with her, then I don't see why that should have been a problem-- Those jokes, though.
    There could be a chance that she has developed feelings, but you probably shouldn't worry too much about it unless she clearly does have feelings. At that point, you should probably keep it to a platonic level like you wish. But for now, I think you're already at a stable point in your friendship and it shouldn't just be ruined by "most likely temporary" feelings.

Hrmhrm. Yeah, I think it's tough when it happens that way. You're vulnerable because you are questioning, but I think you should keep those feelings in unless they're pulled out of you and let them pass. Unless you either really want to see if those thoughts are actually developing, or you're forced to express those feelings in another way.
    I wonder..

Yeah, good luck! That's all I have to add, I think.