1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

still single

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ashestopheonix, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Ashestopheonix

I'm going out on a limb here and exposing my life a bit but I feel like an outcast sometimes. Why? Because my last real relationship was four years ago. And during this time of being single I've had time to reflect on myself and I'm a better person for it. For the first time in four years I'm ready to shed my old skin and show the world who I've become. Ive finally found myself and learned to love myself (as corny as that sounds) and i want to share it with someone-Specifically someone special. But I'm still self conscious about the gap in my life where a lot has happened that I won't get into here. I'm worried no one will see me the way I do and that I'm just too inexperienced for my age.

2. Blossom85

Please don't feel like am outcast.. I am 29 and have not really had a relationship at all apart from an online long distance relationship.. I think it is wonderful that you have finally been able to find yourself and have been able to learn to love yourself.. They say you need to be able to love yourself before you can really love others as well. The only way we learn is by experience so please don't be scared that others will not want to be with you because of lack of experience. Everyone is inexperienced at some point in their life, so don't let that hold you back from seeking out what you really want in life. Embrace each day as it comes and just be yourself and that special someone will be able to see past all the inexperience and will be more then happy to teach you.

3. Ashestopheonix

Thanks. :slight_smile: means a lot. I guess its just frustrating I don't have a lot of opportunities to meet women. Makes things harder, you know?

4. Blossom85

Your welcome, I certainly know what you mean by that.. I don't have a lot of opportunities to meet anyone either.. Been trying on online dating sites, but not much luck there at the moment either, it can make it all harder. Just know you are not alone.

5. Ashestopheonix

:slight_smile:

6. thekillingmoon

I don't think you should be worrying about a few years of singleness. You're still young and have time to meet someone. Coming from a 30 year old who's never been in a relationship, you're doing ok. At least I don't think it's weird being single for a few years.

7. Windy Day

Windy Day Guest

Agreed, we're the same age and I'm also single with a recurring anxiety over my inexperience that just won't shake.
    Add to that of course in dating the numbers are just not as favourable which is something that can't be helped, but don't let that weigh you down.
    For my part, I've begun to take a lighter view of things hoping at the right time in my life, I'll meet the right woman (or be the right woman).
    My only advice would be try not to over think things.
    :slight_smile:

8. Ashestopheonix

mmm... Thanks for the input guys. I think most of it has to do with the fact that I'm not exposed to anyone else that's been single for as long as I have so it kinda felt like I'm the only one. So it's kind of nice to see that I'm not- well at the same time It's not cause I don't want anyone else to be in my shoes, but yeah.

9. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why don't u go to pride or lgbt center,gay bar?