1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Offending My Friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Saigo, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Saigo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So like my friend has been trying to set me up with this guy in our school for the past couple of weeks. So today, all of a sudden my friend is like, he's not for you. I inquired further on and my friend told me that he's more into the "quick thing" and he wants to protect me from getting hurt and stuff.
    The thing is that, I don't mind the "quick thing", I've dealt with guys like this before and I know how to remove my emotions (ISTJ personality so I'm like emotionally insensitive, borderline sociopathic), and I've done that "quick thing" excuse with several other guys so I know the repercussions of being that selfish.
    I mean, I don't want to hurt my friend, but I don't see the harm in going through with this guy.
    What do?:icon_sad:

Btw I don't mind criticism (I encourage it), it helps everyone grow better and learn from their mistakes.

2. SomeNights

Just tell him that. "Hey I'd be okay with a hookup." I'd be surprised if it actually offended him.

3. dapulu

Agreed. Tell him you're up for a quickie with that guy, nothing else.

Good luck :slight_smile:

4. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yeah, tell him you appreciate the concern but you're actually okay with the quick thing. I can see how he would be offended :slight_smile:

5. shinji

shinji Guest

Maybe your friend wants you for himself?

In all seriousness though, what the people above me said... Just tell him.

Unless you think he might be into you, in which case... it gets more complicated.

Or... he might just be jealous (even if not in love with you).

6. Aberrant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think it's awesome that he just wants you to have the best, but I think you should explain to him that his idea of that isn't what you actually wish..
    If you believe it's fine, then.. do it. But not like, "Yeah, screw him! I'm going for him anyway!" Just bring it up. o.o
    I don't think it would hurt him.. If it did, then I guess you would just have to respect his comments. That is, if you're a sympathetic person.
    I dunno. =o

(I realize that I just said what everybody else just posted, but cut me some slack!)

7. WannaBeMe

You never know until you try. For all that you could know, the guy could actually be really in to you and just hide it really well.