1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

get well soon gift for boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bornthiswaybby, Oct 1, 2014.

1. bornthiswaybby

Hi!

My boyfriend is sick and I wanted to buy something sweet for him but he wouldn't want flowers. I want to do something sweet for him but I'm not sure what...

Any suggestions?

2. Skov

Is he in the hospital? If so, get him some good food (assuming he can eat)

3. bornthiswaybby

omg I should have clarified sorry! no he's fine, he just has the flu and I want to do something nice! I'm weird :lol:

4. Blossom85

If he is stuck at home sick, I would get him some comfort food, and perhaps some magazines or books he might like or some music.. A get well card as well.. I guess it depend on what he does like.. Balloons instead of flowers perhaps?

5. SomeNights

Can't ever go wrong with a stuffed animal. :slight_smile:

6. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think I'm needed here since these two had the same ideas I had. But seriously, whatever you think he'll like. :slight_smile:

7. robclem21

I've never known one to turn down balloons :slight_smile: haha. I would say not food if he has the flu, since technically you do not want to eat, but I am sure he would appreciate most anything else if it is from you

8. bornthiswaybby

he cancelled our plans because he feels too sick to see me apparently. I had planned to get his favorite drink and a big teddy bear, I'm sad now

9. SomeNights

Depending on the situation (how long you've been dating/out status) I'd be going over just to give him that stuff :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seriously though, I wouldn't hold it against him. Some people just want to be alone when they are sick. :/

10. bornthiswaybby

I was going to just go over and drop the stuff off but he made it clear he didn't want me coming lol :icon_sad:

11. Skov

He might not want to get you sick. I know that whenever I'm sick, I quarantine myself because I'd feel bad if I got others sick

12. Blossom85

Awe Hun, don't feel hurt or bad cause he didn't want you to come around.. I am guessing he didn't want you to get sick or maybe he didn't want you to see him sick, especially if it's still early in your relationship, but try not to take it personally. I know when I am sick, I stay away from people, especially my niece even though it's really hard when she is over visiting. ~big hugs~ When he is up to having you around, you can just give him the presents then. Also some people just wanna lay in bed and sleep when they are not feeling good. (*hug*)