1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family giving me guilt.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by OneProblem, Oct 1, 2014.

1. OneProblem

Saskatchewan ____________________ eheh get it? ;D
    Thanksgiving is coming up and I recently moved away from my family. I really like being out where I am away from them because I am only with one parent and I really do not want to go back to see the rest of my family. They keep pressuring me to go there for Thanksgiving and I can't really take it right now. I'm sort of just not in the mood to go there and put on a fake smile for that occasion. I haven't told any of them that I do not want to go other than the one I live with. I've only been saying things that don't actually mean yes or no to get out of the question but I want to tell them for real but I just do not know how without hurting their feelings.

Sorry if this is a sloppy read but I'm really tired, just writing this as I am going to bed but hopefully you understand what I'm going through. I was also going to write if I feel depressed but I'm not exactly sure how that is so I'll just keep it simple for now.

2. Blossom85

It is your decision as to what you would like to do for thanksgiving and If you don't want to go back, if they somehow managed to make you or guilt you into it, you will resent them and not and enjoy yourself whilst there.. I know thanksgiving in the states and in Canada is a big thing, but you are able to do what you want as well.

You don't need to go into detail as to why you don't want to go there.. All you need to say really is that you are still settling into where you are now and just don't feel up to heading away anywhere at the moment and you are still getting your bearings on where you are now. Maybe just let them know you appreciate the fact that they want you around for thanksgiving and that you will get back to see them when can.

3. OneProblem

Saskatchewan ____________________ eheh get it? ;D
    Thanks for the help. I've just been ignoring them for now but I will try what you said. ^-^

4. Blossom85

You are welcome, I hope it goes well for you when you do let them know, I'm here if you need anything more or just someone to vent to :slight_smile: