1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any advice ?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by quime ro, Oct 2, 2014.

1. quime ro

i seem to have troubles in communication , it's hard for me to make friends or make a conversation , (maybe it's because i'm not sure about anything therefore most of the times i have no opinion) i get really nervous and stressed when talking to anyone i tend to over think every word i say ... but i would love to have a friend ;/ any advice?

2. shinji

shinji Guest

Good way to keep a conversation is to "trick" the other person into doing most of the talking. Ask about their day, something personal of theirs (clothes, jewelry, etc...). Just let them talk, people like to talk about themselves. And after they are done, they will most likely ask you something, by then you would be ready and comfortable to answer.

3. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Shinji has good advice here. :slight_smile: I get anxious talking to people, too. It's like Shinji said, ask the other person questions, and then they will ask you questions. :slight_smile:

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, be interested in what they have to say and try to find some common ground. Find out what they're most passionate about and let them explain it to you.