1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure how I feel about my friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by sailingonwards, Oct 2, 2014.

1. sailingonwards

So my (female) friend and I met last spring, and we've been super close ever since. We "accidentally came out" as bisexual to each other the second time we met, but it's been great. We go to different schools and occasionally see each other on weekends.

Two weeks ago, we hung out in downtown, and it seemed like had we been of opposite genders, we would have been on a date. I'm not sure what it was though, as there was a whole "magical heart of friendship" thing over the summer, and I think she sees me as a friend.

We planned to go to my school's Homecoming together (as friends, I think) until her mom vetoed the idea on the grounds that she didn't want word getting back to her daughter's school that she went with another girl to Homecoming. (Weird, because my school is super chill about "who you go for" as one of my friends put it. And not many people from my school are friends with people from her school. But everyone has varying levels of paranoid.) I don't think either of us know if we were going to go as friends, or as a couple.

We were going to hang out again at a future date, but my mom said no to that plan (the logistics, not hanging out with her). I don't think I have any attraction to her, but for some reason I got really upset and disappointed that I couldn't hang out with her again. So I'm not entirely sure what my relationship with her is. :help:

2. Aberrant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think.. If you're really not attracted to her, then it should just be as simple as that.
    If you're friends, then you're friends.. I guess parents get paranoid for nothing.
    Sorry for such a small response, I just think it's a little cheap for things to happen like that. o.o