1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my brother knows...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by onlinedreamer, Oct 3, 2014.

1. onlinedreamer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My brother has resently been asking a lot lately if I'm a lesbian. I always just try and laugh it off or deny it, but I'm really tired of hiding and lying to people. But the problem is that he is very ,very homophobic and it discusses him and that always makes me feel ashamed. So anyway that's why I don't want to tell my brother or any of my family members as a matter of fact, they're all like my brother and I don't want to ruin my relationship with them, or get kicked out of the house.

any advice?

2. shinji

shinji Guest

Take the offensive...

"For the last time, no i'm not, why are you asking so much... wait... are you gay? Omg you are gay! Mom!!!", etc... That would shut the brat.

If it does not, you could always answer sarcastically... "Yeah sure, whatever... now get out" That would discourage him.

It might be that he is more likely teasing you, than actually wanting to know.

If you do decide to tell him (for real), make sure to dig up some dirt on him beforehand, so you'll have leverage over him in front of your parents.

3. Clay

This is terrible advice don't follow any of this.

Just tell your brother that leave you be, or tell your parents.

4. TwinNumber2

TwinNumber2 Guest

If it's going to get you kicked out the house then wait. Wait until you're financially independent but don't wait your whole life. In the mean time continue to brush it off.

PS. When I was a little younger than you, maybe 11/12 my brother used to continually ask me if I was gay and tease me about it. Turns out he was gay too! Haha!

5. Blossom85

Can I ask, is there anything Or any reason he may be asking? If there is no reason, then perhaps he is just using that as a way of playfully teasing you.. My dad makes those jokes all the time, or says you're gay.. I used to say no, I'm not.. Now if he does it.. I say so? Or what would be wrong with that.. Usually makes him stop really quick.

If he is really homophobic though, I think being only 14, it might be an idea to just wait it out a little longer.. Maybe he might be different with you though. Some people are what you might call not overly homophobic but not as supportive of it till a family member comes out. But just do what you feel is right.

6. onlinedreamer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for all the advice! I know what I'm going to do now ( wait till a can support myself financially and then tell them) you all really helped me and I appreciate it very much, thank you!(&&&)