1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I Approach This?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GreyRose, Oct 3, 2014.

1. GreyRose

Alright, first post on the site; hey, everyone! Nice to meet you and stuff. Also, my apologies for the giant wall of text that awaits you. I'll try to cut it down.

So, greetings aside, I have a really troubling situation that I need advice on.

First: Background. I went to a tiny little private Catholic school for nine years... My graduating 8th grade class was six people, all of which had also been there for that amount of time. We all went separate ways, and I ended up finding an awesome STEM+M (science, technology, engineering, mathematics + medicine) school to go to.

This school is technically small for a high school with only about 250 people, but it was still quite a jump for me. A lot of other people had long-time friends there with them. I found myself a few little groups that I blended into, one of which being my family group. Family groups, which mix juniors, sophomores, and freshman (we don't have seniors yet) and have them discuss things and do activities on certain days.

First day of school, I met all of the members of my group. I love all of them, particularly the sophomores. I noticed that there were a LOT of homosexual people there, so I kind of prodded around for people. Turns out, my favorite member of the group happens to be bi. I had an "ERMAHGERD" moment when she told me this, and she said it so nonchalantly, too. Heh. Me gusta.

Second: SO, weeks of school pass, I talk more and more to this lovely lady, and I develop the most (excuse my childish language here) gigantic crush ever. She's like me, but slightly different. In good ways. Plus, even though she wears makeup (I HATE makeup; never will I wear it), she's so beautiful. In my eyes, anyway. We're really good friends now; I had to get her out of her shell first (I'm the same way), and I doubt she is attracted to me at all.

My question is: How do I go about trying to have a not-just-friends relationship with her? There's no way I'll say it directly.. heck, trying to do it INdirectly sounds like a challenge. How can I probe to see if I even have a chance with this girl?

If you've read all of this and haven't died, I salute you. If you could help me out, I would definitely appreciate it! Maybe I'll bake you a batch of digital cookies or something.

Good day~

2. onlinedreamer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow, I'm so glad for you. You two really seem perfect for each other.

So my advice is that you take her to a place that she will like, like a date, but don't call it a date otherwise she might get uncomfortable. Then you do something like this a few more times and if you're having a great time and you know she is too, make a move or tell her you like her. You'd be surprised, maybe she will like you in the same way

3. GreyRose

Thank you very much for your suggestions~
    I'll probably try going places with her once we know each other better.. good idea!
    Heh. Hopefully she'll feel the same way.