1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with break up... First BF

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bornthiswaybby, Oct 4, 2014.

1. bornthiswaybby

Hi,

Two nights ago my boyfriend broke up with me over a text message. We were only dating for a month and although many of you would roll your eyes at the fact that I'm really struggling with this, I really did love him. After years of watching all my friends have relationships and everything, and knowing that I couldn't have one because of the judgment I would face, I found the guy who changed everything. He made me realize that other people's judgments didn't matter. He made me feel attractive which is something I didn't feel for years. He was my first kiss, my virginity, my first everything. I put my heart on the line and I let my feelings grow wildly. Then, due to circumstances out of my control, we broke up. He said he had too much going on in his life and he couldn't deal with the stress or worries of having a boyfriend right now. I'm so hurt. I didn't see it coming and I didn't expect this to happen. I'm feeling dead inside, betrayed, backstabbed, everything. I feel like he didn't like me the way I liked him and that's what hurts most.

How can I get over it? I feel hopeless

2. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Honey, I'm sorry you are hurting. I won't "roll my eyes", I've been abandoned too. (*hug*)

It's hard, but I hope you'll remember that because you know he found you attractive, another boy will too. :slight_smile:

3. Leader233

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes other men will think you are very sweet. I do understand how difficult it is to get over the hurt.

4. bornthiswaybby

5. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

I know it hurts. (*hug*)

6. shinji

shinji Guest

I would like to return the same advice you gave in another thread, but am too lazy to find it. It is a good advice though! You are still young, just don't dwell on it. Your next crush will be even better and you'll have better (new) experiences, etc... For the time being as a self proclaimed pharmacist, i prescribe ice-cream for two weeks, then start looking again!

7. Blossom85

Awe Hun, I am so sorry ~big hugs~ I can tell you did love him from the way you spoke of him in other threads and warned to give him special little presents. I'm sorry it didn't work out.

I think let yourself grieve first of all and then I think when you are ready.. Pick yourself up and move on. You are still really young and there will be plenty of time for romance in your life. There will be someone out there who loves you and wants you for you.. First loves are always hardest to get over though cause I think it's the most intense, we let our feelings run away from us cause we haven't got anything to compare it to and we don't know what it's gonna feel like when it ends. Just be patient and kind to yourself during this time.

8. Hidden

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    One little step at a time, and be responsible for the direction your thoughts go in.

It's okay to think about him, and to be sad about it. But if you feel that your thoughts are getting dark, remind yourself that there is no reason to hurt yourself further. Once you've stopped the train of negative thought, then try redirecting the train. Try and make those thoughts happy.

You also want to make sure that this was a worthwhile part of your life. Try not to let the pain take away the good things he gave you. You get to keep those things and you really should!

It's going to be hard for a bit, but it'll get a little easier each day. Some day down the line you will be healed and will meet someone new. For now, you get to heal and remember to love yourself.

---------- Post added 4th Oct 2014 at 06:29 PM ----------

Also, for the immediate pain, distractions are your best friend. Spend time with other people you love in different ways. It will help you remember that you have lots of love in your life, and it will help you keep away from the spiraling bad thoughts.

9. bornthiswaybby

Thank you all so much,

I'm definitely going to get ice cream today, though I haven't had an appetite since the breakup and have probably only had 1000 calories since it happened. I'm getting better, but I'm still very sad and I still hurt. I'm going to focus on improving myself mentally and physically and I'm going to use this as a way to become an even better me. I gained a lot from the relationship and as sad as it is that it's over, the life experiences that I've gained will always be treasured. I'm in tears as I write this so I'm of course still upset, but I'm gradually feeling better. Thank you guys, you're spectacular.

10. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Well Done! :grin: I'm proud of you. :slight_smile: (*hug*)

11. bornthiswaybby

I wrote a poem, talking about the great times we had, and at the end I ask for another chance. I originally wrote it to vent, but now I'm debating sending it to him. I don't want to seem desperate but I miss him, and I feel like due to my depression we lost how we felt originally, that magical crush. I want to reignite that. I don't know what to do.

12. shinji

shinji Guest

I don't know the guy so can't say anything about how he'll react to a poem but... May i suggest giving him some time alone, so he can start "missing" you? Anything now would seem desperate and could possibly push him away. Or so i think.

13. bornthiswaybby

tried getting him back. failed. I'm so frustrated.

14. Blossom85

I know it's hard Hun, but I think what you really need is time to wallow and grieve.. Get that ice cream and just let yourself wallow for a while and then you can start to decide how you wanna move forward.. I think you need to give him and yourself space and time to process it all right now. You sound like a very sweet and wonderful guy and it's sad to see you down like this, we are all here for you Hun.. Just take each day as it comes, and take it day by day and just think about what you said earlier.. About focusing on making yourself better, you are deserving of love and being cared for and that person will come along.. You just need to let yourself believe that you are worthy of someone else's love.

15. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really sorry this happened to you, especially by text message. I hear so often of people breaking up by text message and I think it's very cruel.

When a relationship ends it does hurt a lot. Many people use the words "broken hearted" to describe the feelings of loss and grief and it's that brokenness that needs to be repaired/healed. Take a little bit of time to come to terms with what happened, but also keep a check on your feelings so you don't sink too low. It's very easy to get stuck in a place where you hold on to all the negative emotions you described in your original posting and that will wound you even more. The idea is to begin to move forward, step-by-step, one day at a time through the grief process, not to remain there. I know it's too early to think in those terms right now, but if you do get trapped the power remains with the person who hurt you.

You did a good thing by posting on here and I'd encourage you to keep talking and venting. You have every right to feel upset and angry, so re-visit this thread if you need an outlet for it. We care. (*hug*)

16. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My heart goes out to you mate, I know exactly how you are feeling. I went through something similar but under different circumstances last week with my first boyfriend who made me feel the same way you did. The best way to deal with it in my opinion is just cry and binge youtube for a few days with a mate. If that doesn't work just cry into some food and keep talking to people because it makes you feel better and stops you dwelling on it. If you don't have many friends take up guitar or find an obsession that will keep you occupied and stop you hurting.

If you need someone to talk to PM me, I am really busy at the moment but will do my best to reply and help you out! (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

17. Colours

One could say a month is nothing, but I've experienced the same thing and I was incredibly hurt too. I was actually thinking about the whole thing earlier today - I've been in my current relationship for a little over three months and put into perspective, the previous one that lasted a month was nothing indeed, BUT it did mean a lot to me, just like the guy who broke up with me did. The best thing is to give it time. Cry. Cry some more. And get over it. Because you can and you will. It can hurt for a couple of weeks, possibly even months. But you'll be fine. Look for distraction in the meantime. It's a cliche, but try a new hobby or something, or work out. It helps.

18. bornthiswaybby

thanks guys.

I'm still so sad though. I'm still in shock, it was so unexpected. He won't answer half of my texts anymore even though he claimed to wanna remain friends.

He's distancing himself and it hurts so much. I want him back :'(

19. Alt

Alt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I didn't know what to do so I did it Hollywood style. Deleted his phone number, sent a somewhat angry email, ate some expensive iced screams (though with the shower-head off), then went through the whole 'he's such a douche' phase. Then after 3 days I came to terms that while I still love him, he's still young so he doesn't know what he wants. In your case, he might actually be busy but you shouldn't let the hope of him having more time rule ya, remaining friends included.

20. Blossom85

I think maybe the distance is the best thing for you both even if it hurts so much.. Just try to concentrate on other things for now, not him.. Cause if you keep waiting for texts, it is just gonna keep hurting even more.