1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In need of someone

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Goodafternoon, Oct 4, 2014.

1. So theres this guy im really attracted to, and we're pretty good friends. Im pretty sure that hes straight :icon_sad: but i really want to ask him out becase i feel really lonely and i just need someone right now, but i dont want to do something to screw up our friendship...

:help:

2. GreyRose

Hi there~

I have been in a situation like this... Having a major crush on one of my best (straight) friends. I never told her about it, and I haven't seen her in quite a while. I completely regret having not said anything.

I know that telling someone is way harder than it sounds, but trust me. If you end up never telling him, you'll feel even worse.

You could try prodding around to see his opinion on homosexuality.. Bringing it up in a conversation or talking about recent events involving the LGBT community.

If you do tell him, which you should eventually, don't be too nervous about it. Speak to him in private. Say how you feel and how you don't want it to end your friendship.

As for feeling lonely, I, and pretty much everyone on this site, am/are here for you~ Message me if you ever need to talk about something; I'm all ears.

Best regards,
    Anna

3. lemons123

ask him to take a shower together if you're alone? i've tried this with a "straight guy" many years ago who had a history of 5+ girlfriends before me. Well....he was my best friend since childhood so i guess it was very easy with him - he denied initially but 5 minutes later said "ok" - so you get the idea.

are you sure he isn't curious at least? if he is good friend of yours perhaps you can discuss how sometimes gay guys you know....know how to touch male body as they have one? i mean idk lol - just random idea, but do share more info how well you know each other, good luck!

4. shinji

shinji Guest

I'll praubably get banned for spamming this same "advise" over and over, but... here we go.

Tell him this:

"hey wanna be my boyfriend"

Then quickly brush it off as a joke.

Repeat procedure several times and see how he reacts. If he distances himself then... stop and remain his friend (only). If he is somewhat receptive, go for it.

Obviously, choose appropriate times to do this, when he is more "friendly" with you.

Now, obviously you should first inform him of your preference towards men, wait some time and then do this. He does need to have a clear idea of you.

At the end, decide what you value more, satisfying your hormonal induced urges or, being his friend.