1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

firstcrush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by wolfy1, Oct 4, 2014.

1. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    sooooo, there's this guy in a class of mine:icon_bigg

i like him... like like... but i have never talked to him. i think this is my first real crush. like i cant get him out of my head half of the time. i think about good times i want with him, like sitting under the stars with him. i know so little about him. he sits in the same row of desks as me in a college class of mine and i like to just look at him.. he is gorgeous. i know he is gentle, and passionate.... its one of those things you can just tell about him. he is quite most of the time, but when he does talk his face just lights up. witch i love.

i was leaving my apartment complex one day, and i saw him in my complex, just leaning up on a wall. the next day of class as we walked out, i asked him if he lived there, and told him i did. other than that 20 second meaningless conversation, there has been no contact between us. honestly i don't even know if he is gay... that's the part that scares me. like i said, i like him a lot, even with the little know about him, and i don't know what to do. he seems to be gay, but its hard to tell if i never get to talk to him. and if he is not, well.... easy enough to say, i will be crushed.

i don't know for sure, but im pretty sure he has noticed i pretty much stare at him in class, heck my prof has even noticed me string at him lol... although he never seems to make it known to me. like he never looks at me, at all. i want to talk to him and try and get to know him, but im not openly gay, and that make sit hard to tel to him since there are people i know all around me when he is around for me to talk (and im a big chickin lol). i thought about adding him on Facebook and talk to him on there to start, but he does not have one. now its like i have to "go for broke" and be like " i like you, do you like me?" when i barley know him, and honestly if some one did that to me i would be a little creeped out lol, so i don't want to do that to him.

honestly i don't know what to do. i feel like a 13 year old girl with Bieber fever :lol: i have never been in this position before, as i have just now allowed my self to feel these feelings that i was too scared to feel in the past.

:help:

2. Hey i know how you feel. Just slowly try to become friends with him, and dont force it. Just start by talking to him more and getting to know him. Wait until you become good friends to come out to him, and then tell him how you feel. Do not try to rush it and do this all at once i.e. Walk up to him tell him youre gay and then tell him you like him. Most likely that will Not work.

Good luck.(*hug*)

3. shinji

shinji Guest

You are the only one who is making this situation "difficult", for yourself. Just walk up to him and ask him where he got that nice leather jacket/scarf. Then when he tells you, tell him that it looks good on him, then say "I'm <insertnamehere>, what's your name?" It's important to interrupt him right after he tells you his name (lil trick they don't teach you in psych class). After you hear his name, quickly say "wanna grab coffee" or something similar, you can even ask for his Skype/Facebook (even though you know he doesn't have one). Trick here is to not let him ask you "why do you ask". And to establish that you want to "connect" with him (as a friend, for now).

After that it becomes easier. The hardest part is this initial step - going to him and saying something, then it's like, you're on autopilot. Because it is at that moment that you realize that he's actually not that scary and, you can't really mess up too badly, no matter what you say. Unless you say you love him, which (as you said) would be way too creepy for a conversation starter.

4. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i took your guys advice, and talked to him :icon_bigg

we had a test today, and after class i caught him on the way out. i asked him how the test was, and how he did on a paper we recently did. we talked for 5 or more minutes and it went really well. we walked and talked to our cars... and it was not like we were walking fast like we wanted to end the conversation witch was grate. i know this was just a friendly talk, but i think it opened a door to more in the future. in a month we have a small field trip thing we have to go to for class, and we don't live far from each other, so i think im going to see if he wants to carpool.. maybe that will give us some time to talk and learn about each other.

thanks for the help!(*hug*)

5. shinji

shinji Guest

Okay sorry to post so soon but... YOU ARE GOING TO WAIT A WHOLE MONTH!?!

What?!

Don't do that, please!

And after that great start...

6. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    find out his sexuality sooner rather than later before you're in too deep.

7. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    that's kind of what im thinking. i want to get to know him better, and hopefully find that part out. then maybe we would make something of us. the reason im not really jumping on him trying to get a date, is because of a few different ones:
    1. this is all really new to me.. i have never done this. never been on a date or anything, so its safe to say im taking it a bit slow as im so unaware of everything.
    2. i dont know his sexual orientation, so i dont want to make him feel uncomfortable or anything.

obviously i do want to go on a date with him, but im still just scared and unsure of so many things. and because im scared and unsure, im reluctant to go on dates or anything, but at the same time, if i like some one i should pursue them... right? i dont even know anymore. sometimes i just want to curl up in a ball and.. idk. :icon_sad:

8. BisexualFish

Hey I'm going through the same kind of thing but with a girl. I would suggest, keep trying to talk to him, even if he seems like he doesn't want too, he could just be shy. You'll find out if he's gay when you start to become friends, and maybe you can open up to him and see how he reacts. If he's shy and gentle, he's not likely to spread that around :slight_smile: hope this helps

Good luck also! <3