1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it normal?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rainfall, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Rainfall

Is it normal to constantly talk to a friend who's of the same age, every single day for God knows how long. She's the straightest woman I know. Her mom noticed that we've been in contact everyday and she's becoming suspicious. She even asked her if I'm gay but she flatly denied it and made up a story of how straight I am and she seems uncomfortable with the question. By the way, I'm not out to anyone. me and her are just very close friends although I'm starting to like her more than that which sucks because it would jeopardize our friendship.

So do you guys talk to your friends that much? Is it common?

2. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Hi. Sometimes friends just connect in such a way that we're just "one", and it's like that. I'm lucky enough to have a few friends like that. :slight_smile:

For you, are you asking if we think this friend is attracted to you?

3. Rainfall

Maybe?

But Perhaps my feelings for her is clouding my judgement. She's the only one I talk to and I'm the only one she talks to. I don't talk to my closest friends everyday and when we do talk, it's just like a quick chit chat. But with her, we can talk anything under the sun for the whole day as if we haven't talked for years.

#3 Rainfall, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  4. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

:slight_smile: I have two friends like that, now. :slight_smile: We're just so connected that we just talk all day, about light and heavy things. :slight_smile:

I've had friendships where I've been attracted to that friend. It can work. Feelings are good things. :slight_smile:

I understand where your complication is coming from. Could you just mention some LGBT stuff with her, gauge her reaction? Let me tell you, I know that when you can be honest about your feelings for a friend, and that friend still accepts you, it's a wonderful thing. :slight_smile:

Not every relationship can be, but having a real, honest friendship is the best of things. :slight_smile:

5. Rainfall

She's uncomfortable with the topic but not to the point of being homophobic. That made me think she's totally straight which I accept. I just want to get rid of this feelings that's creeping over me. I'm not even sure what kind of feelings I have for her. It's so confusing.

6. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

I understand. :slight_smile: Just a thought, could you talk about this with her, the way you and I are talking? More general, use examples about your friends?

Do you think that would help?

7. Rainfall

I think that won't do because she's going to figure out I'm talking about us and I know that she'll freak out and would start to feel awkward.

8. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, it happens. I have two people I consider my best friends, both guys:

One of them I fell in love with, unfortunately.

The other one, we just click insanely, we chat on FB all the time, we spend loads of time together, we often spend time just with each other, but he is as straight as one can be. And I don't like him as more than a friend either (funnily enough, because girls just dig him insanely, he's the biggest Don Juan ever), we are just amazing friends.

9. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

OK. :slight_smile: I understand. These things can be hard, huh?

10. Rainfall

@user123456, how did you move on? You mentioned falling in love with your other bestfriend yes?

@starfleet, it is really difficult. My feelings are overwhelming me. One day, I won't be able to hold it any more.

11. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm still trying to move on actually, and it is still hard. If you want to read the details you can check my profile, it's the only thread I have started, but it is very long and the thread is dead for a few weeks now. But in fact it's the same story you can read all over the forums here...

I think I know how you feel, I recommend you to read other threads in this section, they often deal with the same thing.