1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I date while in the closet?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by femmesday, Oct 6, 2014.

1. femmesday

I'm a bit newand didn't realize I wasn't straight until I moved back home. I haven't dated anyone at all since I fell for my straight friend and things didn't end well. I can't come out because my family is quite homophobic and I currently rely on them financially. But I want to date women. There are no good gay bars around here either, and I don't have any friends I trust to go wit me anyway.

What have you guys done to date while in the closet? How do you meet someone? Dating sites?

2. DarkestDream

I started on dating sites, and chat rooms. It gave me a chance to get to know other people who went through similar experiences as I did.

Since your family is homophobic, perhaps a good idea to protect yourself as well while you visit online....clear your history when you sign out. Less hassle. :slight_smile:

3. tulipinacup

I think I've already mentioned many times about my experience with my ex-boyfriend but the thing is, I never met him on a dating site but through an online chat which isn't even a gay chat at all so I think my advice for you is to really meet friends first. People may think it's weird but really, for more than 7 years I still talk to them and have seen grow and support each other. Meeting the person who you love is great but I can assure you that friendship comes a long way.