1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinda need help

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DigitalHusky, Oct 7, 2014.

1. DigitalHusky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Now I havent been pushing my luck recently with my ex, he's understanding...and sometimes he keeps me in the dark, but I still have strong feelings. I've been discussing with him what went wrong and he agreed that communication was a failure and we are working on it. I barely speak with him lately mostly throughout the day and evening only at night. He said there's a high possiblity of loving me again because I showed to him that I wouldnt give up. He had a rough past and so did I. I think we both travel in our past alot..and I do have PTSD.

I dont do the NC (No Contact) rule, I just use the NC rule when I want someone out of my life. Though I also do have depression, so its kinda hard to do that rule. He's the first ex that ever stood by my side, most of mine usually abandon me. I want to strengthen our relationship if we ever do get back together again. I dont want to have a fear of abandonment with him or PTSD attacks when Im around him, he understands and supports me. He's also afraid of "holding me back", Im so new to this concept of having a friend as a ex.

I still really love him, and he still loves me. Its just were kinda floating around. Its not a abusive relationship, not at all. I just want to strengthen our communication and trust a bit more..how do I go about doing this? o.o

2. DarkestDream

I also deal with PTSD, bipolar, and anxiety issues. It's hard to get close to people, let alone keep a relationship going. I'm glad to have an online outlet, which helps me to communicate more efficiently. From what you've said here, you're keeping a pretty good line of communication open.

When he says he's worried about 'holding you back', I'm assuming he means from finding someone else. There's always a possibility of meeting someone who you connect with, and this shouldn't necessarily effect your friendship. In fact, the more you keep in touch, in openness and honesty, the closer you may become.

As far as communication, what I usually do is to drop a text, email, or IM to my SO, throughout the day..'hey, wishing you a good day today', things like that. I know when I get little messages, it's kinda like a 'pick me up', and can make a difference throughout the day.

I lost my focus while I was writing this..oops...but I hope what I've said here helps some. Keeping good thoughts for you! (*hug*)

3. DigitalHusky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you so much for the input! I'll try with what you said about the pick-me ups. And I am sorry you also have PTSD it sucks so bad x.x..especially when sleeping or just going out through your day. I dunno how to cope..I just become distant really. I stray away from most of the things that may trigger it. Depression/PTSD also doesnt mix for me either.

4. DarkestDream

Yes, it indeed sucketh mightily! I'm not sure how the message system works here yet, but if you need someone to talk to, feel free to give me a shout, k? (*hug*)