1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In an awkward situation...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ChameleonSoul, Oct 7, 2014.

1. ChameleonSoul

With the start of this school year, I had hoped on coming out to some more of my friends, but planned on staying in the closet to a fair amount of people in my school. However, this whole plan of mine is being put in jeopardy.

Over the past few weeks, I have gotten a feeling that one girl in my school may be trying to hit on me. For the most part, I had been ignoring it, thinking that I was just being paranoid. Now though, it's become even more obvious that she is hinting that she likes me. It's starting to even get to the point that even other people are taking notice and some of my friends that don't know that I'm gay are asking me if I going to do anything. Now, the problem is not that I'm worried about coming out, as I've already accepted it and have even come out to some of my friends. The thing that I'm worried about is how she'll take it or if she will tell anybody about it. Should I tell her the truth and tell her that I'm gay? How does anyone suppose that I could see how she would take it?

:help:

2. Tardis2020

I think if you just said "I'm not really into her" or something like that, then word will spread and it will all blow over. I don't think you need to tell her you're gay (assuming you don't want to) I think what I suggested would work fine. People reject people's advances all the time.

3. shinji

shinji Guest

Girls are vindictive... Don't give her too much (if any, at all) information about yourself. Just tell her you're not interested in a relationship at the moment, you're too busy with school and stuff... Don't tell her "you're not into her" because that would kind of put you into a situation where people would ask "why aren't you into her" and you want to avoid that.

4. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try to make it clearer that you aren't interested. Don't tell someone you don't know or trust. She'll probably tell lots of other people. Just ignore her basically; It sounds harsh, but she'll get the hint eventually and you won't be at risk. Trust me, you do not want to be endlessly tormented about being gay.

5. ChameleonSoul

Thanks everyone, I'm not sure right now what I'm going to do about this, but thanks for the advice. She's a sweet person and the last thing I would want to do is hurt her. It's just that I wouldn't be able to think about her romantically, no matter how hard I'd try. Hopefully this problem will go away at some point...