1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Called him out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dano218, Oct 8, 2014.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a crazy week. For the second time this month my dad yelled at me for choices I have made. The first time was a misunderstanding with my mom and second time it was because I yelled on Facebook to my estranged sisters sister in law because of a vicious rumor she told my parents about my boyfriend and apparently her grandma died that day. My dad accused me of taking advantage of the situation and I had no idea she died.

Don't get me wrong my parents accept my sexuality and stuff but my dad is blaming me for this stuff that happened a year ago like assumptions he had about my bf he blames on me. There was no good reason for him to that. So I called him out by text cause my dad is hot tempered and I told him i am a adult who is responsible for my own life and he cannot call everytime I do something he didn't like. I also told he is responsible for hurting my bf's feelings not me. So I wonder how long I will wait till I get a response. He basically blames all my depression and isolation on me. He also accuses me of being ungrateful and to stop explaining myself cause I am wrong on everything.

This is a complete difference from my mom who I emailed and explained to her in detail and my dad all decided to explode at me after holding in his feeling for a year. I went over my past with my mother all year and he decides to bring it all up again to point the blame at me.

#1 dano218, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your father is likely insecure. You don't need to accept how he is acting. Maybe he should go to some PFLAG group meeting.

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He is accepting of me and when I nicely explain myself he accuses me of calling him a bigot. I mean seriously he calls me out on stuff I did a year ago. Just pathetic.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just looked at some of your recent threads. You said your parents were very controlling. It sounds like he's still controlling.

5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah that is why I put him in his place cause I am a adult and don't need lectures from parente anymore. They say their not taking sides but they will defend my sister without a thought.

6. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It has been since Tuesday since I sent that message. How long should I wait till I start thinking my parents disowned me?

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why would you think they're disowning you? But whatever your answer, remember you're still the same person and you still have your boyfriend.