1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure how to know if someone is gay/interested in me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Edi, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Edi

Edi Guest

I have a crush on someone at school. He's not admitted to being gay and I think he's straight, but I think he might be curious. Although I've only ever known him to flirt with girls, sometimes he'll act the same as he does with them to me, maybe I'm overanalysing or being biased but I can't help but think that way sometimes. I want to make him aware that he could pursue me and make him comfortable enough to do so but I'm not ready to admit my feelings towards him because that involves coming out. (I know.. coming out would make things easier here but I'm not ready to do that yet)

Is there any advice you have for me to give him some kind of a clue that he could pursue me? I hate being cryptic but it's my only choice because I'm not ready to come out to him incase it spreads around, even though I trust him not to do that.

2. jezebel

I think the only thing you can really do at this point is to try to build a more serious friendship with him. Find things you have in common, try to initiate hang outs with him, and just spend more time together. I think you'll have to create a safe enough space within your friendship that one of you would feel comfortable coming out to the other. For all you know, he is feeling the exact same way that you are.
    This is going to take some time to do, and there may eventually be a leap of faith involved at some point, but really, any relationship worth having is going to involve some risk at some point.