1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is my ex bestfriend a closet case

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by chronichomo, Oct 11, 2014.

1. chronichomo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im a 18 year old gay male and im really confused rn. my best friend is also who i am in love with would always do gay things the whole time i knew him. like really questionable things. like send me nudes "as a joke" and sent me a penis pic when he was drunk and asked for one of mine. he was drunk so i never really cared but recently he was acting really gay hard like all out text convos had really gay things said on them. hes also told me to come out of the closet before as a joke and called me his gay best friend and he acted like he knew i wasnt straight . hes also had like 2 girlfriends that both didnt last to long and had a girl he would hook up with but never had sex with any of them. but he also claims to be homophobic but i never believed it so when i came out as bi(wasnt ready to come out as gay)he totally turned me down as his friend and doesnt want to talk to me he said he cant be friends with me and acted like he didnt know i was gay or bi and we got into a fight and i called him a closet case and he got really mad over that. the only good thing is that he kept it a secret and hasnt told anybody my sexuality

2. theMaverick

Well I'm not out to everyone and if you called me a closet case I'd get pissed off. It's an offensive term. I'd say it's possible that he's gay, but A.) if he is homophobic, then you're better off without him and B.) if he is gay, you'll probably never know because you called him a closet case.

I'd say at least apologize for calling him that and then the ball is in his court.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If he has kept your secret, then do him a favor and don't start accusing him even if he really turns out to be gay. Being outed before you're ready is very stressful.