1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I finally told my friend I have a crush on him.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SwimScotty, Oct 11, 2014.

1. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I told him on Thursday at cross-country practice. One of our freshman friends (I'm going to call him "S")was talking about how people started asking him if he's gay because of the way he acts (I don't see it), so we ended up on the topic for the rest of that loop (about 3/4 mile). Near the end, we were talking about how my crush ("C") was probably with his girlfriend before practice and making fun of him (nicely, of course). I was talking about how clueless he was about some things and he was arguing with me. Eventually he just asked me straight up to give him examples. Since I wasn't sure how much S would talk, I asked him to give us some space and go run with another group. I just told him right out that either he's too thick to realize I have a crush on him or he's been a jerk about it playing mind games with me. He'll say or do things around me that make me question, and earlier in the season I told him I had no chance with the guy I liked and his response was, "You never know." He said he had a hunch but didn't want to say anything to me in case he was wrong. He did apologize for anything he said or did that could have been misinterpreted, which I thought was a nice gesture.

So now he knows, and we're still friends. I was afraid that if he found out that I actually did like him that he would get freaked out and stop talking to me, but I guess not. Even though I know I've got no chance with him, it feels good to get it out there and stop having to stress about whether he knows or not. And the fact that he didn't immediately run off at least means that he doesn't care that much.

2. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thats good that you are still friends and maybe now that he knows he will either stop playing games with you or even better tell you that he likes you too and you will be able to be together . good luck I hope it all works out for you

3. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's too bad that your crush didn't return your feelings, but I think this is the next-best result. He doesn't hate you, he didn't try to distance himself from you, and even apologized for inadvertently leading you on. You may not have had the reaction you were hoping for, but in the long run it's so much easier to deal with rejection than always wondering "what if." At least now you can at least try to move on and be open-minded about other people that happen to catch you eye. I've noticed quite a few of your posts over the past year and you seem like a really thoughtful, considerate person so I'm sure you'll find someone that makes you happy sooner or later. :slight_smile:

4. Rosalynn

:roflmao:

5. Blossom85

Good for you for finally telling him, and I think it is wonderful he doesn't think any different of you at all.. I know it is hard finding it is unrequited but good to know that he still thinks of you in a good light and is supportive.

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like a good friend to me. :slight_smile: Sometimes we get so anxious that we get too worked up, but it's good you faced your anxiety and told him about your crush. Even if nothing happens with him, you can at least admire his positive aspects that you're attracted to and look for other guys like him.

7. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys. I did forget to mention that he has a girlfriend and that he's straight (as far as I know), so I am pretty sure the feelings aren't reciprocated. Even so, he's been a good friend for the past few years, and I think I'm lucky to be as close as we are.