1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Admitting I'm single.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ClosetNixie, Oct 12, 2014.

1. ClosetNixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Most of you know that me and my boyfriend recently broke up due to an argument that led me to admit that I think I might be gay.

Since then I have spoken to various people I know (including family) and as usual, they have asked how me and him are doing... I've lied.

Gods above forgive me, but I have lied to nearly every single person.

"Oh we're fine thanks, what're you plans for tomorrow?
    Yeah it's good, have you heard from Grandma recently?
    All fine, how's uni going?

I have lied and then turned it around to distract them, and it's worked (which hurts even more).

Denial I hear you shout! and your probably right... I just can't bring myself to say it to people. I suppose I feel like I'm letting people down by being single. It's a common joke in my family that every time we talk I have a new hair colour and a new boyfriend. I haven't changed my hair in years and me and him were together just over a year... *sigh*

Why can't I just tell the truth and have it over and done with?

Until next time...

2. KazeKitten

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Fear of disappointing family and friends is definitely common. When I left my job a few months ago, I lied to my family for a while, because I didn't want them to be disappointed in me.

The important thing to remember, is that they are family. It's definitely scary, but you'll come to realize it is much nicer being honest with them. The support of family helps greatly through tough times, but we are the ones who need to make the leap and let them in.

You don't have to give them all the details about what happened, but maybe try letting some of them in. It's definitely much easier in one on one situations. Your family will love and respect you regardless of your relationship status, despite any inappropriate jokes they may make at times.

3. Amazo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I know how you feel, but it happens... I mean no one is perfect, its normal for these things to happen besides you shouldn't think that you might be gay you should live your life the way you want it ^_^ I mean there is no point of living life for others, life's hard but we have to take it the way it is... so in other words if they ask you again just be straight simple if you want, just tell them you broke up nothing big deal about it. I hope everything works out :wink:

4. ClosetNixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks guys :slight_smile: My Dad ended up calling me about a late night Facebook status I wrote (about being miserable and needing cake :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) and I told him we broke up. Being my typical Dad he said I'd always be his little princess and there was a Prince out there, somewhere for me. Then he brushed it aside.

The thought was there though, which made me smile again (even though it might be a Princess I'm looking for) and hopefully the knots will all untie themselves with time.