1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unhappy with girlfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HBI, Oct 13, 2014.

1. HBI

HBI

I was going to tell my girlfriend I love her. Before I could, she said what she feels for me is the infatuation you feel for a crush.
    Initially I thought it was something deeper. Now I'm furious that I'm considered a crush that gives her a thrill. She also has a new job that takes up way too much of her time. I'm thinking about breaking it off without discussion because my ex put career ahead of our relationship, and I am too old for that crap. Am I wrong in just walking away?

2. Cattich

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How long have you been together?

3. HBI

HBI

Over a year.

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if you have been seeing her for over a year, would seem that you should at least sit down and have an open discussion about it. She can be going through complications in her life given her new job and the stress that comes with it which might be impacting her outlook on the rest of her life.

5. HBI

HBI

Thanks. It's sound advice. I just don't have the strength to go through what my ex put me through. The ex kept promising to be better and never followed through. If I talk to my girlfriend, it will be to end it, not work it out.

6. AAASAS

There's no point sticking around if she doesn't feel the same way about you.

I don't know though how much time you guys spend together, and what she really meant by a crush, I can't see a crush lasting a year.

7. DarkestDream

A crush for a YEAR??? I'd be furious, too. I agree you should sit down with her, but lay it out. Tell her what you're expecting, and if she's just around for fun, that you'll have none of it. If she's serious about you, she'll understand, and start taking things seriously.

8. HBI

HBI

Thanks for the replies. They have me thinking this may be a cultural misunderstanding. Everything else she's said points toward a future. This one thing which she said couldn't be explained in English has been a sticking point. I may have panicked and I should ask for clarification.