1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost an anti bi (?) Friend and am confused

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Cattich, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Cattich

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I became friends with this girl at a job. I was exclusively seeing girls at the time and had been for all my sexual life to that point. She befriended me and we were very close until I found myself shifting into being more interested in men. I dated a failure and then began dating a man who is now my love. She began to act coldly towards me and making inappropriate comments in regards to my sexuality.

I became offended since we often talked about how fluid sexuality is when she made the comment "you are the worst lesbian have ever met".

I ended the friendship since and quite frankly am hurt and confused again about my change in sexual partners. I don't feel like I need a woman when I am with him like I've felt with other men. He is very androgynous himself except in physical appearance and does not hold any ended stereotypes. I'm very much in love with him.

I'm just very confused about it all and was hoping for some clarity/ insight

2. Sek

Sek

There are a lot of people who don't think bisexuality or pansexuality is a "real" thing. Their brains can't see past 'polar' taste - in an easy example, in their minds one must either like tea OR coffee, not both. In the same regard, they find it comforting to label people as either being attracted to men OR women.

She said that you were the worst lesbian she'd ever met, so clearly she labelled you as being only attracted to women (which isn't the case). That's pretty much the tell-tale sign that she either doesn't realise you're bisexual or she doesn't understand it. If you feel it's worth your time, maybe you could explain that to her.