1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting Someone?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KingJude, Oct 13, 2014.

1. KingJude

So, I'm 16, never been kissed, never been hugged, never had any romantic contact with anyone, and I want that to change. How do you propose finding a boyfriend? I'm too young to use a dating site, so what other ways are there to meet other gay guys?

2. shinji

shinji Guest

Through friends, only! It's harder but somewhat safer than anything online.

3. KingJude

I haven't got any friends who know I'm gay so... S: Until tomorrow when I hopefully come out to a trans friend of mine! :grin:

4. Sek

Sek

It's a shame you're too young to use online dating.. That's my preferred method of meeting since I don't choose to come out to anyone but people I'm interested in dating haha.

If you can't do it online, you're gonna have to do it through friends and meeting new people. Unless you somehow get really lucky and stumble across someone without being introduced by friends, you'll have to find a group of people you're comfortable coming out to. LGBT people are generally supportive of each other's closet status so you shouldn't have too much trouble. I read your reply about coming out to a trans friend, that's a really good way to get your foot in the door. :slight_smile:

5. KingJude

Yes, it is! Ha ha ha! :S

I hope he'll let me stay in the closet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: he should. He might know someone, but he'll come with me to the nearest LGBT+ group, and I might meet someone through that (I hope!).

6. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Get out of the house, go out with friends, be social, take up hobbies, talk to lots of people and meet lots of people.

I think if you get a boyfriend just for the sake of having a boyfriend or if you force a relationship, it won't be very meaningful. If it's meant to happen, it will happen. Just make sure you open doors and give it lots of chances to happen :slight_smile: