1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Her words are stuck in my head, (Friend Problem)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SprinklesFirst, Oct 13, 2014.

1. SprinklesFirst

Ok so recently I came out to my good friend who goes to my dance studio (I train seriously in classical ballet and modern) and her reaction was probably one of the worst I've received. Even though because she's my good friend, and I think I forgive her, what she said really hurt. She at first was surprised, saying something like, "Oh...." before she then continued to say, "You know maybe it's some phase," and "You think it could have been CAUSED from being around girls in tights and leotards all the time?"
    I remember about exploding in furry from that comment yet was able to calm mannerly tell her that no it's NOT a phase and no seeing girls in tights and leotards doesn't cause it!! Ugh thinking of it now angers me I mean how could someone be so ignorant as to say something like that?!
    Hehh...... but she's my friend and I know she comes from a religious background so I try not to hold it to her but I can't get over it. I remember at the end of the conversation she even stated, "Well I'll still be your friend but I'll never look at you the same," and OF COURSE the most well-known phrase of all time I probably receive, "Wait, you don't like me do you?!" I'm just sick and tired of that one especially... :dry:

2. CrazyAwkward

I'm sorry she reacted that way. That's pretty sucky. Maybe your friendship will help her lose that kind of ignorance eventually.

3. GreyRose

She's probably just misinformed. Give her awhile. If she still goes against it, then perhaps she doesn't deserve to be your friend.

4. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's kind of a crappy thing for her to tell you, whether or not she was bothered by the news. "I'll never look at you the same way again," is cruel.

I'd say just give her some time to get used to the idea and become more informed. You can tell her that she doesn't have to like it or accept it, but it's who you are, and she's going to have to tolerate it.