1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I explain?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LostInTheSystem, Oct 13, 2014.

1. LostInTheSystem

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I was talking to a friend of mine a couple of days ago and I guess I kinda came out to him. But not really because I still don't know what I am, and he doesn't understand. The conversation went something like this:
    What: Hi
    Me: Hi!
    Him: *laughs* yesterday you where acting really tough and today you're skipping around. Make up your mind
    Me: Shut up. I have ... Uh.. Gay tendencies

Then we just joked around and carried on as usual, but then he said
    "Wait. You're a girl. You're meant to act like that"
    Then I realised the mistake of what I said and panicked a bit. :icon_sad:
    I started pouring everything out... I don't even remember what I said to be honest. I just gave in and let it all go.
    After he just looked at me funny and said he had do go.
    Today I got a facebook message from him saying that he was thinking about what I said (whatever that was) and he really doesn't understand. He kept going on about how I'm a girl. How do I explain better? I wish I'd kept my mouth shut... How can explain to him when I can't even explain to myself? :tears:

2. CrazyAwkward

If you can't find the words yourself maybe you could link him to an article that explains that gender isn't necessarily binary/some people aren't the gender they were biologically born as? Then tell him you're trying to figure out what you are exactly but aren't quite certain yet. I don't know if this helps at all, but I wish you luck!

3. LostInTheSystem

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'll try that as soon as I can. I just really don't want to lose my only friend :frowning2:

4. CrazyAwkward

It sounds like he's trying to understand. That could be taken as good sign. It shows he cares enough to ask rather than walk away completely or pretend like nothing happened. I hope it goes well (*hug*)