1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Appropriate B-Day Gift for the Crush?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by EbonyDazed, Oct 14, 2014.

1. EbonyDazed

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So my crush has a birthday coming up and since I'm an artist I had thought of drawing a picture or creating an art piece specifically for her.

I'm wary of this because I don't want it to come off creepy, she doesn't know I like her and I thought an art work would have enough work in it to let her know that she is important to me without seeming too much like I wanted a romantic relationship with her.

She's never seen any of my work, so I thought it might be a treat to finally show her what I can do. She's always been supportive of my artwork even though I don't think she's seen anything recent.

So, what do you think? Any other suggestions for a B-Day gift for a crush? Anything that subtly says "I like you" without a creepy "I totally love you" vibe?

2. Blossom85

I think a piece of artwork you made would be lovely.. And not over the top.. A lot of people prefer things like that as it feels more personal and more unique rather then something anyone can buy. I think if you wanted to get anything else, maybe just something you know she will like, but you don't need to spend a lot of money on.. It's not about showing how much money you can spend, but the thought that has gone into it that counts.

3. Sek

Sek

Drawing something that you knows she likes would be a really nice gift! Perhaps a singer, place or piece of architecture she's mentioned liking before. It shows you've paid attention to her interests without being over the top. Definitely avoid drawing her.. That might come off a little too creepy haha.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What about an artwork about something you both like... a place for example ?

:slight_smile:

5. EbonyDazed

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    She does travel abroad a lot, maybe I could draw an image off one of the many postcards she's sent me? She loves to travel so maybe a landmark from one of her trips?

---------- Post added 15th Oct 2014 at 08:46 PM ----------

I was thinking of doing an image from a postcard (she travels a lot and has sent me a ton) but maybe an image of home or something familiar would be nice. I don't know how homesick she gets.

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, drawing something she sent you would be very nice, and it would totally seem friendly and not awkward!