1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling someone you like they have beautiful eyes.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Typhoon, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So long story short, I like someone I've known for roughly a year, mostly during lectures and anyway we spoke before parting yesterday and we maintained eye contact, something I rarely do for an extended period of time, and I realized he really did have the most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen on any person and I'm still wondering why I never noticed that in all the time I knew him. And I absent-mindedly told him that in a message.

Does it sound suggestive or suspicious telling someone they have beautiful eyes? Admittedly it was actually quite an innocent gesture and he's such a sweet guy anyway, but I don't know if he actually might get an indication that I might be into him. It's not quite like telling someone they have a beautiful arse but still it might be an odd comment for him to take in.

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In my area, if a guy tells another guy he has beautiful eyes, the first guy will probably be labeled gay. If a girl tells another girl that she has beautiful eyes, the first girl will still be labeled gay.

I'm sure this isn't worldwide, however, so if that concerns you, don't worry about it too much.

3. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ehh I'm fine with that, as long as he doesn't realize my own eyes are fixated on his... personality of course:rolle:

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I've never really heard a straight guy say that, but it's still a nice gesture in any case. Roll with the flow because he's now likely to pay a lot more attention to you.

5. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well if he does find that weird I guess I can always make a joke out of it and say I noted that prior to my appointment with an optician:icon_redf