1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I just lost my only friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LostInTheSystem, Oct 15, 2014.

1. LostInTheSystem

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well I tried to explain to my friend about how I'm gender confused at the moment and all that jazz, but I don't think he wants to hear it. I honestly wish I'd kept quiet.
    I tried to explain and he listened for a while, but after a few minutes he just started getting mad and was saying "Stop forcing your problems on me" and stuff. I feel like an idiot. He made me feel like an attention seeker. I feel like one now writing this :rolle:
    So basically I think I lost him as a friend. Which sucks because I'm feeling horrible right now. I want to just lock myself up and rot away. I start freaking out whenever I shower because I hate the sight of my body, My imaginary friend is an asshole (don't ask about him I'd rather not talk about it), and I'm close to having a mental breakdown next time someone calls me "miss". I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First and foremost, your friend pretty much had an asshole moment too.

Of course he has his own problems, but it's no excuse to treat you that way.

It's not your fault. People have bad days. Just give him time to see if he comes around. It will be alright.

And, there is nothing wrong with seeking attention. You are wanting help, and we're going to do the best we can to help you.

Dysphoria is pretty shitty, but it helps if you spend time alone. Don't speak. It might help if you bind and lay on your chest - that makes it feel a little flatter.

It also helps if you spend time on a group chat or some or the other. If you can catch someone talking about you with your preferred pronouns and labels, it can pretty much boost your self-esteem.

#2 Nychthemeron, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  3. CrazyAwkward

I'm sorry he acted that way, and I'm sorry you're feeling horrible. Don't count him out as a friend quite yet. He might just not like people venting to him about heavy things. Especially if it's something he doesn't understand. Wait and see what happens next time you talk to him about other things. You can always share or vent about your problems here. We'll never mind or push you away (*hug*)

4. LostInTheSystem

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks everyone. :slight_smile: It makes me feel better knowing some people care (*hug*)
    The problem with binding is that I couldn't do it without asking my mum. She's already caught me trying to flatten my chest with stuff before and it was really awkward :icon_sad:
    She's the kind of person that would react badly if she knew all this.