1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difficult situation

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by username01, Oct 17, 2014.

1. username01

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, me and my brother are both gay..i think its a positive thing, but he doesn't see it the same way.
    He thinks that its going to make it harder on him coming out because he has a gay sister and that people may regard us as weird.
    I think hes worried about what our family and what other people are going to think.

I just wish he'd see that its best we have solidarity in this to get through difficulties together..but i feel like i cant turn to him for advice anymore.

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang: :help:

2. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think he needs to work on self acceptance and get past the idea of people thinking either of you are "weird". You can't move him along any quicker with this as he needs to find his own way in his own time. Remain positive and supportive and let him come to you if/when he is ready.

I can see why this is frustrating to you, but his opinion may change in time.

3. username01

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thankyou it was just a bit shattering to hear that he wasn't there for me even though I am there for him. Also, I hope this is not bad but i told a friend of mine about my brother being gay, I was drunk but also testing the waters for my own coming out. I live far away from home but still worried because i dont 100% trust my friend, even though he promised he wont tell anyone about my brother as my brother is not fully out yet. Do you think it is ok that I told my friend?