1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Should I ask him out?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nickshoj, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Nickshoj

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So this could be pretty long but I'd appreciate some feedback.

About 6 months ago I met this guy through a gay app. At first I didn't care but then we got closer and closer until it became an online relationship, but the problem was that he had no idea who I was while I knew who he was. Yet he still told me that he'd still be in this with me even if he didn't know who I was. After a month, both of stopped talking because I was anonymous and lost his number. Fast forward six months, I find him on the gay app again (I still liked him for the whole 6 months) and we begin talking again and I told him that I'd meet him immediately. So we finally meet, it was super awkward at first but then we both became very comfortable towards the end. But he told me he had very strong feelings for his straight friend. Yet, he still flirted with me. In the end he asked "so, was this a date?" And I said no because we didn't go anywhere, and he agreed. Before we departed, we hugged once and it was weird, but then he was like "lets try that again" so we hugged again but this time it was really nice and we both kind if held on. We texted for like a few days but slowly and surely it was less and less. I deleted his number b/c I thought everything was ******. We haven't talked since then, but I'll see him everyday and I'll catch him staring or ill stare. It's been a month since we met and I'd really just like to ask him on a date so we could either make something or I could move on. Should I?

2. Blossom85

If it was me, I would ask him out because you never know what could happen.. It could be positive and it could be negative, however the thing is.. You won't know unless you take the initiative. The other thing you need to remember is if his friend is straight.. It is not going to go anywhere with his straight friend, so I think you need to take the opportunity with both hands and just see what happens. You don't want to think back later in life and regret not taking a chance and still being hung up on him..

3. topher85

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i agree, i say go for it.

4. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Since you guys aren't even talking to each other anymore, you've got nothing to lose and possibly a lot to gain. Go for it.

5. shinji

shinji Guest

Yeah, sure... go for it. But, before you do... Decide if you are going to be serious about this whole thing or not, because it seems you aren't taking things seriously. From what little information you gave, if i was this other guy, by this point i wouldn't even consider agreeing to meet with you, because of this "uncertainty" your bring to the table.

As for what that guy said about his crush on a straight dude, he already knows nothing will happen, and he did agree to meet with you, so why dwell on it?!

6. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutely go for i! For nothing to lose, everything to gain :slight_smile: