1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do i wait?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LonelyLeo, Oct 19, 2014.

1. LonelyLeo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi! I usually don't do these things but I need some relationship advice. My girlfriend and I have been together just under a year. We recently broke up over personal issues I was dealing with. I regretted the break up the second I said the words. We still talk every day, and occasionally see each other but she has decided to go back to school to get her degree. She's 31 and I'm 29 (also pursuing my degree) she says she loves me but doesn't want to get back into a relationship because she needs to focus on herself_school. She tells me that she. Needs me to understand this. I'm trying. Question is do I wait for her to finish school, or let her go? Please help.

Lonely Leo

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well do you really love her?

3. LonelyLeo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yesssss! This is killing me absolutely killing me. I know we are awesome together, and I know we want the samethings for our future. She just told me that she needs to do this for her and I need you understand that I need to do this. I love you I do but I have to do this for me I need to focus on me this isn't a bad thing, but I can't be in a relationship right now.

But why do I feel like it is a bad thing? I broke up with you I understand that, But why can't I be there for you while you do this ? Help you. Love you. Encourage you. Support you.

Instead just sit back, and be a very small part of your life ?

4. Blossom85

I am sorry you are struggling with the break up.. She has it appears anyway to have come to terms with it and is feeling at peace with the decision. I think if you really love her, let her go and do what she needs to, respect and understand that and if it's meant to be.. When she is ready.. She will come back to you.. If you pressure her though, she could begin to pull always from you even more and start pushing you away. Just be there for her and respect her decision to not want to start up a relationship again.