1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More than a Friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Aronx, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Aronx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi about a year ago I started for feel something for a guy at school (October) . I thought it was nothing and after a few months in the January I decided to tell my close friend. They took it really well but then they told someone else and then that person told someone else. Anyway in the March the guy found out that I liked him (we're both only 16) and then it all got worse he didn't speak to me , people were saying things to me and I just felt trapped. As days and weeks went on this guy moved further away from me in lessons and just gave me dirty looks. I still liked him through all this still. Since this time , i've left school (UK) and gone to college and this guy is still there. I want to talk to him so much and go back to being friends with him. I genuinely love the person he is and think that he is just an amazing person. I really want him to be happy but I want to go back to the way things were. When he found out I was Bi (Before he found out it was him I liked) he was really really good and it just made me like him more and more. I just like him so much and really want to sort things out so much , we haven't spoken in 6 months. Please I really need advice

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey there - I'm really sorry to hear he didn't take it well.

Are you alright with just being friends? If so, a simple apology can do wonders, even if nothing was your fault. Just say something like, "Hey, I'm really sorry. Do you want to hang out sometime?" or, if he refuses, you can add, "I just want to go back to being friends again." Optionally, you can tell him, "I won't make a move on you. I just want to be friends and nothing more."

Good luck.

3. Aronx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey thanks for your post , i've been thinking about saying that but i'm finding it really hard.

4. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What are you afraid of, if anything?

5. Aronx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think its because i'm scared of being humiliated again

6. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Catching up on the posts, I can understand your anxiety with being hurt. As I am sure you can imagine, this would not be the first time nor the last time. As such, might as well go for it and try to make amends. Best case, he agrees and your friends again; worse case, you have gone through an experience that will help you build character.

7. Aronx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thanks for your advice

8. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You mentioned he took your bisexuality well. He was probably just taken aback that you liked him in that way.

I understand how you feel about it. About being scared of humiliation, I mean. But I agree with what USUK said. Then again, it's entirely your choice.

I wish you the best of luck.

9. Aronx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys , I see him all the time but I just turn my head because it hurts me so much to know I made him humiliated. I just don't have the confidence to tell him anything else. Its about 8 months since we've spoken and I just want to go back to how it used to be :frowning2:

10. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You said yourself that you want everything to go back to how it used to be, but it's unlikely it'll happen if you do nothing.

If you confront him, at least there's a larger chance of you two becoming friends again. It's not too late. You can do it.

But like I said, it's your choice.