1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She CAN'T be straight

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Black Swan, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Black Swan

I have a female friend who I've been very close to for about 2 years. She is a very physical person who likes to have a lot of touchy-feely personal contact with her friends. When I first met her, I was positively avoiding touching all my friends because I was so paranoid of being outed. But she soon started to turn her physicality to me. And I really liked it, it was like I could feel close to a girl without actually being in a relationship. Fast forward a couple of months, she is much more physical with me than any of our other friends. And boy, did they notice. They used to joke about us being a couple, some of them still aren't unconvinced.

She always hugs me, leans on me, wraps my arms around her, plays with my face. She often holds my hand and she even used to try and bite my face as a joke. She sometimes does this thing where if she wasn't such an unusual person, I would have thought she was about to kiss me. She just looks me in the eyes, her face close to mine, and leans in and nuzzles me with her nose.

And....wait for it.... SHE'S STRAIGHT :tears:

All I can constantly think of is "how can you go on doing this to me AND STILL BE STRAIGHT??" She is constantly talking about her male crush, or she used to talk about her boyfriend all the time before they broke up. And she fan-girls over male celebs.

I believe she could be questioning her sexuality, however. She often says things like, "What if I was gay?", "I should give up on men and turn lesbian", or, my favourite, "Hey Black Swan, if I turn lesbian can you turn lesbian with me?". :bang:

Sometimes I actually feel used by her, since the physical way she interacts with me tears me up inside because we can't be together. Yet every time I try to back away she gets really hurt and sometimes doesn't even speak to me for the rest of the day. Yep.

So what, do I do?

2. Holly82

You back away and make space. She's obviously confused. When you spend more energy trying to figure a person out than they are spending trying to figure themself out, you're headed for problems. And you'll likely get an outcome you'd rather avoid.

3. Black Swan

Thanks for the advice. That seems like the right thing to do.