1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting to date a little late

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kdude, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Kdude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I recently came out at the end of the summer and have since been slowly putting myself out there and meeting some guys.

Not much had come of this until the past week or so. I met a guy that I really like and that I think likes me. After getting to know each other a little better it is clear he is definitely experienced and I am just starting out. I feel like because I was a late bloomer I missed the high school dating phase and that every guy I meet that is close to my age has "been around the block."

I know a lot of guys go through a phase of, lets say "experimenting" but I don't want that, I really want to find someone to be with.

I guess I'm just looking for some input on how to get over the fact that most people have a history and be comfortable with my lack of experience.

2. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Kdude is all good not everybody has been around the block , I know that I waited too and I know what you mean it seems like everyone knew more than me . I say take your time and find that one person that makes you happy , and when you do find the one if they have been "around the block" as you call it just tell them up front that you want to take things slow because you have not done it before . If they love you they will understand and take the extra time and not rush you to make sure you are comfortable with everything that is going on! But this is my opinion and I could be wrong again rofl

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 25 and still haven't been with a guy (or girl, for that matter). No dating, not even a kiss! The right guy will understand you're situation and not make you feel guilty. There may not be too many, but your age is kind of good because you'll be able to find guys who got out of their hookup phase in college. Don't sell yourself short. There are lots of guys who regret their shallow or even dysfunctional relationships and are looking for the real deal.

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was in the same situation as you. I just put it out there on my online dating profile that I was newly out, so any guy who came along would know that from the beginning. If he messaged me, it meant he was ok with it. Now I'm coming up on 6 months with my amazing boyfriend, so it all worked out.

5. robotman

The longer I stay on this site the more I find people that post the same stuff that I think and feel... Sorry, I don't have anything constructive to add apart from I get where you are coming from lol :/.