1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding myself having to disconnect.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by William, Oct 21, 2014.

1. William

So here's the problem. I hang out with this group of "friends" that constantly pick on me. They constantly try to get a reaction out of me, and all I have to say is: "Fuck you!"

This has been going on for around a month now and it has grown irritable and frustrating. Should I disconnect myself from this group of friends? If I do, then it'll be hard to stick to my guns.

2. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Distance yourself. They're not worth it

3. Hyaline

Instead of distancing yourself, just be unavailable. Give yourself some other tasks (homework/hobbies etc) to do.

If the teasing doesn't die down, then perhaps it is time to look for new friends.

FWIW, In my group of friends (I'm 39 and have known these guys since I was about your age), we tease each other relentlessly too. But it is in good fun. Feelings aren't meant to be hurt and it is a way some male groups bond.

If it is one of a few in the group that are constantly being the aggressors, then distance yourself from then and if they are going to be around, make yourself scarce.

Most of all keep yourself safe and be brave. Growing up is tough!!

4. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It depends on what you think they're intent is. If you believe they really consider you a friend and just don't realize their teasing or whatever is legitimitely bothering you, try to fix it. Either confront them (or talk privately with the one person you feel closest to) or distance yourself a bit and see if they take the hint.

If not, well, telling them to fuck off is probably reasonable.

5. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This.