1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my Friend Gay ?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Aronx, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Aronx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi , I had this friend and well since i've known them I kind of got a vibe that they're gay (I'm not trying to stereotype) they are not gay acting but there is something about them which sends them signals to me. I've known them around 3/4 years and i've never seen them with a girlfriend and he is the type of guy who boasts about everything he has and has ever had but he never talks about girls in that way. He might say "She's Hot" but most guys do that and I just see it in his eyes that he don't really mean it but he is trying to live up to his "Skater Boy" image. I came out to him as Bi and the first thing he done was put his arm around me and told me it was going to be okay , he asked me questions and was super friendly. But then the next day he found out I liked him and I can understand he freaked out because he is really attractive and well i'm uhmm. Anyway I haven't spoken to him in ages but i'm really worried about him because since this happened he don't seem the same in the way he smiles , he acts. I just feel bad for what I done and I really want him to be happy with who he is. I mean he is probably one of the most attractive people i've ever seen and I know girls who like him but he never takes it further and I feel like I really want to help a lot. Please can you give me advice on how to help him ? I just hope I haven't got my wires crossed. I can understand that he won't be attracted to me but because he hasn't spoken to me in like 7 1/2 months but I want to be there for him as a friend if he is really struggling. I know his personality and he is someone who tries to cover up his insecurities but I just want him to be happy and be who he is. Please i'm begging for advice of all kinds

2. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Hmm... Um... Sorry to say it, but... I think you need to let him figure things out on his own. I assume you told him you like him? Sometimes things just go south - I get the feeling this is one of those situations. Some people feel very uncomfortable being around someone who is attracted to them who they don't have interest in.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You won't know for sure until he tells you outright. I think first you should try and offer to repair the relationship. I agree that he may just be uncomfortable if he's straight.