1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. the lone wolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Alright, so, I've been dating someone for a month now, has been going great so far.
    The thing is, he's 16, aaand I'm a little concerned about this..
    I'm planning to leave out anything sexual until he's actually 18, but I'd like to have your honest opinion about this, so far it's been sort of a secret, and I'm kind of scared to let anyone know because of the two year difference..
    In advance, thanks for reading/anwsering.

2. Aronx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi I think that if you're at a stage in your relationship where you are ready for sex or any sexual things that you should go ahead with it. It would also depend on the age of consent in your country so you make sure nothing illegal is going but otherwise there should be no problem :slight_smile:

3. the lone wolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, I may have been a little unclear there, I was just talking about an opinion about the whole relationship in general, not the sexual thing, I'm just not really comfortable with that idea myself, so that might not be a good idea.
    But, thanks for your input regardless.

4. Aronx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh okay , well I think that love shouldn't be set on age and if you love this guy and want to spend your time with him why not ? I mean its only 2 years :slight_smile:

5. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why are you scared to let people know?
    Two years may seem like a large gap right now but it's really quite a small one.

6. the lone wolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I realise that 2 years is quite insignificant, at least after a certain age, however, since laws usually draw the line at 18 with these things, I'm just scared of people judging me I suppose..

7. Dionysus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Eh, go for it mate, I mean if you both like each other then why care about what others think? Besides no one's gonna judge you over such a small age-gap (in most places I'm pretty sure the age of consent is 16 anyway).

8. Ammi

Ammi Guest

I don't think 2 years is a big age gap.
    I mean, you both are still tens: sixteen and eightteen, and if you live in USA he is allowed to drive, don't worry about it :slight_smile:

9. Sek

Sek

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you guys are both comfortable with each other's ages, it doesn't matter what other people think. It's your relationship, not theirs.

10. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No issues with a two year age difference. I had a similar situation when I was around your age, where I was older. Also had other situations where I was younger (and I mean MUCH younger) than the guy I was with. Today, my partner and I have quite a big age gap. If you relate to each other on similar emotional, intellectual and maturity levels, no need to worry about what other people think.

11. Blossom85

Two years is nothing in my opinion.. My sister is 5 years younger then her husband.. I think if you two feel comfortable with it, then don't worry about what others think.. 16 and 18 is nothing really, so I think try not to let it worry you if you really like him.

12. the lone wolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the responses everyone!
    I have to say that I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been any objection yet, this has calmed me down quite a bit ^^

13. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then stop worrying and go for it!

14. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

The dude im into is also 16 and im 18. Its one of the reasons that i came on this site too. I should have been more in control at first because of the age thing but when we finally met up he was kind of aggressive and by then wed commited all sorts of facetime sins so i was horny as F. Then i thought i should have used my superior wisdom that comes with my age seniority but that didnt work either. Now im just whatver about it and we f like monkeys when we can . In his state he insists that the age of consent is 16 for dudes . I haven't looked it up since im passed g a f and i look good in overalls.

15. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to politely disagree with posters before me as I think any age gap can be difficult to manage when you are teenagers. The rate of physical and emotional development during your teens is incredible, so much so that you can even see big maturity differences within the same year group at a school.

Two years doesn't sound a lot, but at this stage in life it can be very significant indeed and you will have to work hard to maintain a relationship. That's not to say it's impossible, but there will be some challenges if you proceed and it will draw on all of your patience and understanding. I'm not being judgemental or critical, just offering a note of caution.

I don't know how you stand legally as the age of consent where I live is 16 for everyone, but i believe there is a degree of 'flexibility' in some juridstictions. Do check on this though.

16. the lone wolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have taken this into account, it's the reason why I'm trying to take this slow (and I honestly mean that).
    It will require quite a bit of patience from both of us, I realise that, but if anything, that'd only be a good indication of how well it's going to go later on.
    I appreciate your concern, and the warning, thank you.

17. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

Srsly , relationship ? That's way too "adult" a situation for anyone our age to try and get involved in, I m h o. If patrickuk is surmising based on his experiences at our age, fine I guess ,though I would imagine there have been modest changes since then. The differences in what relationship means for someone his age and ours though should be astronomical. As far as the maturity issue I can tell you that the biggie with us(he and I) is his sometimes complete self absorption. If I don't catch it though , he usually does . I'll admit it's kind of bizarre at times. Anything else makes it totally worth it though. If you're looking for the caveat to bail on oyir whatever you've got going you don't really need an excuse at our age. If you're looking for perfection you're living in non reality
    Mealsothinks that this is being overthunk waaay too much .