1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My cousin wants to come out for me?!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Vaettfang, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Vaettfang

She wants to tell my parents but I'm not ready! She's hard to reason with. What do I do?!

2. topher85

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dang. Not cool at all. Only you should come out for you when you're ready. I would die if anyone came out for me.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No no no. Not cool. That's a snake move. That should be your decision on when you think it's the right time.

Let her know that it's your life, and that you'll do whatever you need to do whenever you are ready.

Yeah, tell her that; you aren't ready. And while she might be ready to tell the whole world know about you, you aren't, so make that very clear to her.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Be very direct and clear with her about the consequences of her breaking your trust. This is not something she should play around with.

5. tulipinacup

Let her know that you are doing this for YOU. I don't think she understands that coming out is something that is serious and there are a lot of consequences when not doing the right time (just as you not being ready for it). Tell her how would it feel for her if she's on your shoes.

6. Vaettfang

Thanks guys. She agreed not to. She's kind of having mood swings (for reasons I won't mention) so I'm understanding of it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: