1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Turning" somebody gay.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CallMeChristian, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Do you guys ever have that thing where you are crushing on a heterosexual person and you just think,

"Gosh, if they spent the night with me...wow would they love it."

I know that isn't how it works (I'm a lesbian and straight men say things like that to me) but, how cool would it be if it was that easy! LOL

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Yes, I have definitely thought to myself, "maybe I can seduce him enough to turn him gay for me"! Haha

3. shinji

shinji Guest

It depends on how strong willed the person in question is. With time and patience, you can bend almost anyone. That wouldn't necessarily "turn" them, but... it can "force" them into, being something they are not, which will slowly destroy them from the inside, but, meh, who cares.

Okay, seriously though, "turning" someone would require that they actually have doubts themselves, and are not completely 100% heterosexual. And you just kind of "nudge" them in the direction you want them to go.

As for the whole "spending the night with me, and see" thing. That will (in most cases) crash and burn, since, the "act" itself is something that can "ruin" a relationship between friends. The risks of "experimenting"...

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I can see why some gay people would think about it, It's certainly a funny thought, but I never personally have. I think even if I 'could' turn a straight girl, I wouldn't want to because she'd still be stuck in heterosexual culture and may have heterosexist beliefs which I'm trying to avoid. I don't even like to date actual gay/bi people if they haven't been in the queer community for years and years XD

5. Fantie

Fantie Guest

Yeap ... it's kinda complicated.

6. I'm pretty sure you can't 'turn' someone gay (or straight or whatevs), but I think you could be like an 'eye-opener' to them. I mean, they could be struggling with their feelings already or you could just open a whole new world to them and help them realize they're gay.

7. Glendorien

gosh, the possebility of "turing" somebody gay would make everything so much more easy =)

But to be serious a person you "turn" gay (or straight or whatever) was never straight/gay.

8. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I think about it. But then, I understand nobody can 'turn' me straight, so that means I can't 'turn' someone gay. And I wouldn't want someone to try...it's annoying.

9. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

I don't get hetro-crushes. The idea that they are not gay turns me off to be honest.

10. LaLaBelle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Never have... I know what it's like to have someone think they can "change" you or even "try" and it's very aggravating, I respect everyone's orientation.

Not only that (^), but I don't believe we can change our orientations... I think we can "switch" our labels, however misleading, but if someone is gay or straight... That's just what they are...

11. Blossom85

It would be a nice thought, however if that person is straight, realistically.. You wouldn't even get them to your bed, you can't turn a straight person, unless they are already questioning themselves and thinking they might be something other then straight.. But a true straight person can't be turned gay.

12. Water lover

Water lover Guest

Trust me the closeted gay teen. This is pretty much their only thoughts. Even though I realize that it is completely impossible lol. Sometimes you just have to pray(jk almost close enough but not enough). It sucks best friends are hot sometimes it's all you can think about even though you realize it's just as Likely to happen as your best girlfriend making you straight(I'd probably puke if a girl ewwww)

13. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    nahhh. it ain't going to happen. get that out of your head lol
    it seems weird enough for me to be in the same room with my straight friends who only talk about the opposite gender. i dont even wanna know what they like in bed. i speak from experience when i say that haha

14. LOL I know that you can't, and I know that it's wrong to try. I just like to daydream about it sometimes. Hetero crushes are so hard, and in high school, you get them ALL THE TIME! All of the out lesbians/bisexuals are very unattractive to me (not just in looks, but in personality) and, the last girl I was with was actually a closeted bisexual who was 2 years older than me and who thought she could experiment with me because I was younger than her and because I was an out and proud lesbian. She was beautiful. I miss her a lot. She actually has a boyfriend now and she tries to call me whenever they get into a fight but, then she always goes back to him. Ah geez, now I'm ranting. LOL